Vampire - The Night Warriors © 1994 Capcom Co, Limited.
Vampire - The Night Warriors is a one-on-one beat-em-up in which a powerful alien demon called 'Pyron' has invaded Earth to add to his collection of the planets that he has already devoured. Enter the world's most fearsome monsters who, ironically, are Mankind's last line of defense.
The game features ten playable characters (Demitri Maximoff, Jon Talbain, Victor von Gerdenheim, Lord Raptor, Morrigan Aensland, Anakaris, Felicia, Oboro Bishamon, Rikuo and Sasquatch) with two non-playable boss characters - Huitzil and Pyron - as the final opponents of the single-player game.
Night Warriors uses the gameplay system Capcom developed for their "Street Fighter II" series, but with several new gameplay additions, such as Air Blocking, Crouch Walking and Chain Combos.
The game featured a 'Special' meter similar to the 'Super Combo' gauge from "Super Street Fighter II Turbo", in which players could fill the gauge to perform either a unique combo-type move or a powered-up version of one of their specials (called "EX", and a concept which would appear in later Night Warriors games as well as "Street Fighter III").
Unlike the 'Super Combo' gauge', the Special in Night Warriors gradually depletes unless players performs their super move. This prevents players from preserving their super moves for later use.
Runs on the "CP System II" hardware.
Green Board [Japan]
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 6
=>  LP (Jab),  MP (Short),  HP (Firece)
=>  LK (Strong),  MK (Forward),  HK (Roundhouse)
Vampire - The Night Warriors was released in June 1994 in Japan. It was known as the 5th CPS-II game.
The game is known outside Japan as "Darkstalkers - The Night Warriors". Here are some known export releases:
"Darkstalkers - The Night Warriors [Blue Board]"
"Darkstalkers - The Night Warriors [Grey Board]"
"Darkstalkers - The Night Warriors [Orange Board]"
Suleputer released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Vampire - The Night Warriors Arcade Game Track - SRCL-2969) on September 7, 1994.
Green Board revisions :
* Build date: 940630
* Build date: 940705
* Character Select In Attract Mode : In attract mode, when the computer is on the Character Select screen, it's possible to choose the characters with the 1p & 2p Start buttons.
* Alternate Costume Color : Highlight a fighter at the character selection screen and press Start.
* Hidden Tune : Beat the game with one credit, after inputting your name hold Down+LK+MK until the end credits appear. If done correctly, you'll be listening to the secret ending tune.
1. Vampire - The Night Warriors [Green Board] (1994, Arcade)
2. Vampire Hunter - Darkstalkers' Revenge [Green Board] (1995, Arcade)
3. Vampire Savior - The Lord of Vampire [Green Board] (1997, Arcade)
4. Vampire Savior 2 - The Lord of Vampire [Green Board] (1997, Arcade)
5. Vampire Hunter 2 - Darkstalkers' Revenge [Green Board] (1997, Arcade)
6. Darkstalkers 3 - Vampire Savior (1999, PlayStation)
7. Darkstalkers Chronicles - The Chaos Tower (2005, PSP)
Planners : Junichi Ohno, Gyo, Jun Koike
Programmers : Atsushi Ohuchi, Akiyoshi Eshiro, Toshihiko Tsuji, Morimichi Suzuki, Hiroshi Inaba
Object Designers : Kurisan, Hiroshi Shibata, Keiko Kitayama, Mizuho Kageyama, Takashi Hayashi, Q, Toshikazu Matsumoto, Kimo Kimo, Who, Tohru Takaoko, Mizupyon
Scroll Designers : Yuki Kyotani, Kaori Matsumoto, Hiroyuki Imahori, Akemi Isoe, Tamayo Takeo, Miyuki Hongoh, Saru
Sound Designers : Toshio Kajino (1970.2.25), Tomuyuki Kawakami (T.K NY) (1971.8.31)
Music Composers : Takayuki Iwai (Anarchy Takapon) (1969.11.19), Hideki Okugawa (Hideki.OK) (1970.3.28)
* Voice Actors :
Demitri : Nobuyuki Hiyama
Gallon, Zabel Zarock, Aulbath : Yuji Ueda
Morrigan : Yayoi Jinguji
Felicia : Kae Araki
Sasquatch, Bishamon, Anakaris, Victor, Narration : Kan Tokumaru
Here is a list of ports released in Japan only.
[JP] Sony PlayStation (mar.22, 1996) Vampire - The Night Warriors [Model SLPS-00036]"
[JP] Sony PS2 (may.19, 2005) "Vampire - Darkstalkers Collection [Model SLPM-65998]"