Tenchi wo Kurau II - Sekiheki no Tatakai © 1992 Capcom Company, Limited.
Tenchi wo Kurau II is a horizontally-scrolling beat-em-up for up to three players set in the fictional land of Shang-Lo, a country ruled under an iron fist of violence by the dark lord, Akkila-Orkhan.
Having reduced his own country to ruin and despair, Akkila-Orkhan is now looking to his neighboring countries for fresh lands to conquer. One man will rise up against this black tide. His name was Kuan-Ti, and with the aid of the five greatest warriors and the one wisest minds in his realm, Kuan-Ti will fight to defend his people and his lands.
Players choose to play as one of five different fighters, each of which utilizes two buttons; 'Attack' and 'Jump'. Each fighter has one or more air throws, as well as a Special move (Down, Up, Attack) and a special attack. The latter is executed by pressing the Attack and Jump buttons simultaneously. This move is powerful enough to fell several enemies at once, with the trade-off that each time a special attack is executed, some of the player's health is lost.
Holding down and tapping the attack button will perform a dashing attack. Powerful weapons, including swords, axes, maces and daggers, can found and used by the players. Health levels can be replenished by finding food that lies hidden in breakable containers.
During the game players will occasionally find a 'gong bell' that will summon a War-Horse that can be mounted and ridden. The Horse greatly increases offensive attacks and, with the exception of Kadan, equips each character with a long-range weapon, regardless of whether or not they carried one before. Each character can also perform special moves while riding the horse.
The game's five playable characters are:
* Kan-U: The most balanced character who specializes in bare-knuckle combat.
* Chou-Hi: The strongest but slowest character, he also fights bare fisted. His special can cause enemies to explode with a punch.
* Chou-Un: Fast and with good range, but less powerful than the other characters. Wears blue armour and fights with a sword that can cleave through enemies.
* Kou-Chuu: An old man who attacks with bow and arrows but lacks exceptional close range attacks. His dash attack into special combo move is powerful when mastered.
* Gi-En: Specialises in short-range combat, he posesses Guile's flash kick as his special attack and has the best combos.
Tenchi wo Kurau II consists of nine standard stages and two additional bonus stages.
Capcom Play System Hardware (CP-S)
B-Board #: 91634B-2
# of Players: Up to 3
Type of control (per player): 8-Way Joystick
# of Buttons (per player): 2
=>  Attack,  Jump
Tenchi wo Kurau II was released in October 1992 in the Japanese arcades. It was known there as the 23th video game made for the CP-S system.
The title of this game translates from Japanese as 'Heaven and Earth Recieving Blows II - Battle of Red Wall'.
Known export releases:
"Warriors of Fate [B-Board 91635B-2]" (WORLD including USA)
"Sangokushi II [B-Board 91634B-2]" (Asia)
This game is known in US as "Warriors of Fate" and in Asia as "Sangokushi II".
The background and all characters were based on an actual history : The Period of Three Kingdoms after the 'Han' Dynasty in China. Character designs were based on a popular Japanese manga called 'Destruction of Heaven and Earth' published by Shueisha in Japan and created by Moto Kikaku.
Soundtrack releases :
Tenchi wo Kurau II -Sekiheki no Tatakai -G.S.M. Capcom 7- / Alfh Lyra [Pony Canyon / Scitron - PCCB-00133 - August 20, 1993]
Special Attack : Attack+Jump
Every character can perform his own special move by the combination : Down, Up + Attack
Press Down+Jump to perform a dash-attack spin against the enemies.
During the game, sometimes you'll found a "gong bell" that will summon the Horse for the player.
The Horse gives great offensive attacks against the enemies, and also gives to every character a long-rage weapon (despite Kadan): also, some characters that didn't carry any weapons normally (Portor and Kassar) will get it after they'll go up the horse.
Every character can perform some special moves when it's riding the horse:
* Standard Special Attack (press attack+jump): You'll lose energy every time you'll perform it.
* Powerful slash with special wave: backward, forward + attack. Can slice apart some enemies. With Kadan you'll obtain a fire bolt.
* Dash: forward + Jump: It is also possible to combine the attack button to perform a long range attack after the dash (except for Kadan)
* Run and Slash: every direction (backward or forward) + jump (2 times rapidly): this move is similar to the standard special, but the player will not lose energy to perform it, it is possible to move while using it, and the enemies can be hit more than one time in this way: although, some enemies are able to block this attack, if they'll hit the player.
Sometimes, the horse will be used even by some bosses, and the player can get it after the boss will get down. By the way, some bosses are able to use the horse too, and they can benefit from its usage like the player.
Violent Boss Kill : if you'll finish the boss with a special move, you'll execute him in a very brutal way. Most of times the boss will be sliced apart, but you can also decapitate him with determined moves.
Planners: Noritaka Funamizu (Poo), Kin
Programmers: Domesan, Xor, Tsu-Zy, 34-Sakontz
Character Designers: Fukumoyan, Kyochan, Tenman, Tama Chan, Tanuki, Ball Boy (Ballboy), Mizumo, Yuusuke, Nonsuchi, Youjiro, Saotome, Kurata-N, Ume
Onnanoko Designer: Akira Yasuda (Akiman)
Sound: Masaki Izutani (T. Yomage), Toshio Kajino (Bull), Oyabun, Inu
Special Thanks: Akira Nishitani (Nin), James Goddard (DJames.), Alex Jimenez
Sony PlayStation (mar.22, 1996) [Model SLPS-00203]
Sega Saturn (sept.6, 1996) [Model T-1207G]
Sony PlayStation (oct.24, 2006) [Model SLPM-87400]: Capcom Game Books Edition.
Sony PlayStation (oct.26, 2011) : PSOne Classics Edition