Main CPU : PSX (@ 16.9344 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 8 Mhz)
Sound Chips : SPU (@ 8 Mhz), Q-Sound (@ 4 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 6
= >  LP,  MP,  HP
= >  LK,  MK,  HK
Released in Japan in November 1996; other regions didn't see the game until December 1996. Developed by Arika.
EX stands for 'Extreme'. This is the first Street Fighter game using a 3D engine.
At one point during development the game was called "Street Fighter Gaiden", suggesting that it may have taken place in an alternate reality.
Pony Canyon / Scitron released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Street Fighter EX - PCCB-00241) on February 21, 1997.
Here is the list of all versions :
* JAPAN release.
* US, EUROPE and ASIA releases.
ADDITIONAL NOTES :
The US version has the "Winners Don't Use Drugs" screen.
TIPS AND TRICKS
* Play As Akuma : Highlight Ryu, hold Start and push Down(x3), Up(x4), then MP or MK to select Akuma.
* Play Against Akuma : Get 8 wins streak continuously against CPU (that means you can still lose a round in stage 1 or stage 9) or get 32 wins streak against human player.
* Play Against Garuda :
1) Get 2 perfects.
2) get 4 super finishes on last round.
3) Use level 3's supercancel once or Zangief's level 3 F.A.B. or Akuma's level 3 Demon Rage (Red flashing light indicate level 3) (exception for Kairi and C.Jack, they only need level 2).
4) And require minimum combo hits for each character :
* 6 hits : Allen, Darun.
* 7 hits : Ryu, Ken, Zangief, Pullum, C.Jack, Blair.
* 8 hits : Guile, Hokuto, Skullomania, Kairi.
* 9 hits : Gouki.
* 11 hits : D.Dark.
* 12 hits : Chun-li.
* Unlock 4 Hidden Characters : If the game runs for 400 hours, the characters will be available automatically (move cursor to the left or right of Pullum or Skullomania).
* Skullomania's Alternative Colour : Hold start and press...
LP : Black (default)
MP : Red
HP : Purple
LK : Green
MK : Yellow
HK : Pink