Progear no Arashi © 2001 Capcom Company, Limited.
In a time when the industrialization of the world had just begun, various inventions appeared and changed the life of the peaceful kingdom. One of them was a propeller that evolved from pure wind generation by using the created electricity to re-rotate it. It was called 'The Professional Gear', or just 'Progear'. This invention was the key to conquer the great wide open sky. Another discovery made the ancient dream of the immortal body come true. But it was affordable only by some wealthy elderly. They formed a new council called 'the Motorouin' and declared the current government as a corruptive and greedy establishment and that they want to correct it by a new educational system, in order to create a new race of man. So they built a military force to realize the first step of their plan, which was the takeover of the kingdom. The government decided to stop the aggression by putting it's own army in motion. It was a dreadful battle with many victims. But it was won by the Motorouin. This battle is mentioned in the books of history as 'The Punishment of the Sages'.
A group of young pilots, actually children whose families were killed in that war, finally decided to fight back. They secretly developed a new powerful weapon which adults were not able to use. They called it 'Gun Flyer' and installed it in all of their planes. The Storm of Progear was about to begin!
Runs on the "CP System II" hardware.
Green Board [Japan]
Players: Up to 2.
Control: 8-way joystick per player.
Buttons: 2 per player.
=>  Shot/Gunner shot,  Bomb
Progear no Arashi was released in January 2001 in the Japanese arcades. It was known as the 35th game released on the CPS-II hardware.
The title of this game translates from Japanese as 'Storm of Progear'.
Developed by Cave, this is their first horizontal-scrolling shoot'em up.
The game is known outisde Japan as just 'Progear'. Here is a list of known Export releases:
"Progear [Blue Board]"
"Progear [Grey Board]"
* The game features 2 different planes with their own statistics :
Gambler (Ring Reed) - blue plane : Weapon : Wide shot - Speed : Normal
Militant (Bolt Voiyer) - green plane : Weapon : Focus shot - Speed : Fast
After choosing a plane, the player will pick a gunner from the three following :
Alpha gun flyer (Chain) : Explosion missile
Beta gun flyer (Nail) : Cannon ball
Gamma gun flyer (Rivet) : Homing missile
* Extra Gun-flyer Formation forward : Press Button 1 and 2 the same time with pressing 2P start button when you decide a gunner to enable extra Gun-flyer formation.
* Extra Gun-flyer Formation middle : Press Button 1 and 2 the same time when you decide a gunner to enable extra Gun-flyer formation.
* Extra Gun-flyer Formation back : Press Button 1 or 2 the with pressing 2P start button when you decide a gunner to enable extra Gun-flyer formation.
* Extra Character Costume : You can select an extra character costume on the character selection screen during holding Start Button.
* To enable the 2nd loop of the game you need to use 2 bombs or less during the whole game.
* The endings for each Pilot and Gunner combination changes depending on the Gunner's Data level at the end of the game.
Developed by Cave.
Producer : Kenichi Takano
Director : Junya Inoue
Chief Programmer : Tsuneki Ikeda
Programmer : Satoshi Kohyama, Takashi Ichimura
Designer : Akira Wakabayashi, Hiroyuki Tanaka, Fusayuki Watariguchi, Kengo Arai
Sound Producer : Junya Inoue
Music Composer : Yukinori Kikuchi
Sound Effecter : Ryuichi Yabuki
Special Assist : Toshiaki Tomizawa
Character Voice : Mitsuo Furusawa, Junya Inoue, Aki Sibata, Midori Katou, Masayo Hirasaka
Special Thanks : Yasushi Imai
Character & Mechanic Design : Junya Inoue
Produced by Capcom.
Producer : Tatsuya Minami
Support Capcom R&D Dept. #3 : Tomoshi Sadamoto
See goodies section.
Official website: http://www.capcom.co.jp/newproducts/arcade/progia/index.html