Bubble Symphony © 1994 Taito.
Eight years since the introduction of the renowned puzzle maze game "Bubble Bobble" comes its upgraded reincarnation with more excitement. Players select their characters from Bubblun, Bobblun, Cururun, or Cororon. Each dragon has its own characteristics. Beat the enemies, collect hidden items and reveal the secrets!
Runs on the "Taito F3 System" Hardware.
Prom Stickers : D90
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
= >  Bubble,  Jump
Bubble Symphony was released in October 1994 in Europe, North America, and Japan.
This game is also known in Europe as "Bubble Bobble II". For more information about the game, please see the "Bubble Bobble II" entry.
In these versions with the Bubble Symphony name, Bubblun's voiced announcement before the curtain opens is changed accordingly: 'Ladies and Gentlemen, this is... Bubble Symphony!'
In 'Super' mode, accessible after entering the 'Game mode select' code (see 'Tips and Tricks' below), enemies are switched around, as follows (Legend : 'Normal' mode monster --> 'Super' mode monster) :
Zen-Chan --> Warurin (and vice-versa)
Mighta --> Dranko (and vice-versa)
Monsta --> Yu Bo
PulPul --> Strong Shell (and vice-versa)
Banebou --> Kasabe (and vice-versa)
Hidegonsu --> Hattonton
Drunk --> Chu-Chu Man
Invader --> Flhoop
Flhoop --> Bolt Man
Yuki-Bombo --> Drunk
Mya-Ta --> Yuki Bombo
Chu-Chu Man --> Hidegonsu
Magician --> Knightron (and vice-versa)
Komso --> Cerberorin (and vice-versa)
Catch Maru (in blue robe and purple shoes) --> No-No
Catch Maru (in green robe and blue shoes) --> Kabu-Chan
Mummy --> Unicoron
Puka Puka --> Bake Couchin
Ame Da-Ma --> Nyororin
Upper --> Kiri Kabu Kun (and vice-versa)
Bake Couchin --> Ame Da-Ma
Hattonton --> Roboj
Ti Ta Ma --> Robol (and vice-versa)
Heita-Kun --> Jiji Poppo
Kabukky --> Uni Bo (and vice-versa)
Nyororin --> Puka Puka
Ouji Sama --> Mummy
Yu Bo --> Golem
Rappappa --> Ouji Sama
Golem --> Monsta
Roboj --> Mya-Ta
Unicoron --> Rappappa
Kabu-Chan --> Heita-Kun
Bolt Man --> Invader
Jiji Poppo --> Catch Maru (in blue robe and purple shoes)
No-No --> Catch Maru (in green robe and blue shoes)
Monsters not listed remain the same.
* Always access secret rooms : Before inserting your coin, at the intro screen with the curtain, press Jump, Bubble, Jump, Bubble, Jump, Bubble, Left, Start. A tone will sound.
* Black Background And Classic Music : Before inserting your coin, at the intro screen with the curtain, press Bubble, Jump, Bubble, Jump, Bubble, Jump, Right, Start. A tone will sound. The background of each room will be black and the original Bubble Bobble theme will play instead of the usual music.
Alternative Codes :
1. Left, Jump, Left, Start, Left, Bubble, Left, Start.
2. Start, Jump, Bubble, Left, Right, Jump, Start, Right.
* Game mode select : before inserting your coin, at the intro screen with the curtain, press Up, Start, Right, Jump, Bubble, Left, Start, Down. The curtain will turn blue. You can now choose between 'normal game' and 'super game'. In 'Super' mode, platforms appear in different colors, and most of the monsters are switched around (see 'Updates' above).
* Unlock Human characters : before inserting your coin, at the intro screen with the curtain, press Left, Down, Up, Jump, Right, Start, Bubble, Right. A tone will sound. You can now choose from four human characters.
* Power-up : Down, Bubble, Jump, Start, Left, Right, Left, Start. Gives running shoes, multiple bubbles, fast bubbles.
1. Bubble Bobble (1986)
2. Rainbow Islands - The Story of Bubble Bobble 2 (1987)
3. Final Bubble Bobble (1988, Sega Master System)
4. Parasol Stars - The Story of Bubble Bobble III (1991, NEC PC-Engine)
5. Bubble Bobble Part 2 (1993, Nintendo Famicom)
6. Bubble Symphony (1994)
7. Bubble Memories - The Story of Bubble Bobble III (1996)
8. Rainbow Islands - Putty's Party (2000, Bandai Wonderswan)
Project leader : Keppel Maekawa
Game planners : Yoshitake Shirei, Keppel Maekawa
Software designers : Harumi. K, Meltycat!, Kunio Kuzukawa, Takahiro Natani (Helper Natani)
Map creators : Taka. Furukawa, Yoshitake Shirei
Character designers : Turtle Mizukami, T. Ozaki, Koji?!, Yourychan
Dot design works : Akiyoshi Takada, Mari Fukusaki, Mochi Mochi Natsuko, Shigeki Yamamoto, Ken, Yourychan, Lin Chinkai (Indy Chinkai)
All music & sound composed by : Yasuko Yamada (Zuntata)
Sound effects : Ishikawa Babio (BABI) (Zuntata)
Music adviser : Tamayo Kawamoto (Zuntata)
Instruction designers : Mihoko Sudoh, Rintaroh Doi
Hardware Works : Katsumi Kaneoka, Hironobu Suzuki, Jun Sawaki
[JP] Sega Saturn (nov.27, 1997) "Bubble Symphony [Model T-19905G]"
[EU] Sony PlayStation : by Virgin, not marketed.
[EU] Microsoft XBOX (mar.31, 2006) "Taito Legends 2"
[JP] Sony PS2 (mar.29, 2007) "Taito Memories II Gekan [Model SLPM-66713]"
[EU] PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] (mar.31, 2006) "Taito Legends 2"
[US] PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] (jul.10, 2007) "Taito Legends 2"