Bubble Bobble II © 1994 Taito.
European release. Game developed in Japan. See the original for more information; "Bubble Symphony".
Runs on the "Taito F3 System" Hardware.
Released in October 1994 in Europe, Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Mainland China, Taiwan and Korea.
A prototype version is known to exist - it have many differences from the final version; it’s almost an entirely different game, lacking even a title screen at the point in development it comes from. Levels, graphics, enemies, sound and music are different, gameplay is different, stage names are different, stage selection is different, no story sequence, no high score sequence, and no game logo during the attract mode. It is really more of a proof of concept sequel than anything close to a finished game at this point, and that's what makes it fascinating. The build date is close to a year before the final game, a lot changes in one year of development.
1. Bubble Bobble (1986, Arcade)
2. Rainbow Islands - The Story of Bubble Bobble 2 (1987, Arcade)
3. Parasol Stars - The Story of Bubble Bobble III [Model TP03017] (1991, PC-Engine)
4. Bubble Bobble Part 2 (1993, Famicom)
5. Bubble Bobble II (1994, Arcade)
6. Bubble Memories - The Story of Bubble Bobble III (1996, Arcade)
7. Rainbow Islands - Putty's Party (2000, Wonderswan)
8. Bubble Bobble Revolution (2005, DS)
9. New Rainbow Islands (2005, DS)
10. Bubble Bobble Evolution (2006, PSP)
11. Bubble Bobble Double Shot (2007, DS)
12. Rainbow Islands Towering Adventure! (2009, WiiWare)
13. Bubble Bobble Plus! (2009, WiiWare)
14. Bubble Bobble Neo! (2009, XBLA)