X-Men © 1992 Konami.
For more information about the game itself, please see the 4-Player model entry; "X-Men [4-Player model]".
Michael Jackson used to own this game (Serial number: 1099L). It was sold at the official Michael Jackson Auction on April 24, 2009.
Differences between the 2-Player Japanese and US versions :
* The introduction cut-scene and some of the other animated cut-scenes contain Japanese subtitles.
* During game-play some sentinels appear with a white and pink coloring, if you defeat them, you can pick up either an energy power-up or a mutant power-up ball.
* Whenever you use a mutant power attack, you'll use up a power ball before losing energy for using another attack. in the US version however, you lose energy first, then you'll be able to use a power ball.
* Stages 1 and 4 start a little bit ahead of the US versions.
* The robot pterodactyl that is a mid-boss in stage 4 appears a lot earlier in the Japanese version.
* The US versions have the 'Winners Don't Use Drugs' screen.
Due to certain issues, both the 2-player and 4-player cabinets, a rare occurrence, had character selecting, while the 6-player cabinets forced the selections.