Total Eclipse © 1995 Altare Advanced Technologies.
A shoot-em up game where you will combat the Drak-Sai, an alien race that has selected to hunt our species! They also want to destroy our sun with their powerful weapon called the Sun Dagger, as they did with the Omega Quadrant's sun. There is no more time to think, so you must get into action now with your FireWing to burn them before they reach Earth.
X-O-Tron VR hardware
Type of interface: Imersive -HMD-
Physical posture: Straight inside the Gyroscope (so you can end-up up side down!)
Motion of the platform: Gyroscope: Full 360-degree rotational capability on 3 axis
Computer platform: 3do platform
Type of display: Optics 1
Tracking: directional sensors on the gyroscope
Size of the Unit: 10 x 10 x 10
Unit description: 3 ring Gyroscope. Totally portable, with professional trailer package available.
-Texture mapping capability: yes
- Other graphical info: full RISK high-speed graphics computer system, internally mounted
- Type of SoundFull digital stereo sound (Not 3-D)
- Music Background: Yes
Other Technical Description:
- World's first totally wireless & self-contained
Virtual Reality systems! The X-O-Tron uses no AC power.
- Operates for up to a full 16 hours on rechargeable gel cell batteries.
- Wireless video output from X-O-Tron VR pod to external video monitors.
Control: Buttons on non moving joystick / Control by the ring motion
This game was developed by Crystal Dynamics.
Panasonic 3DO (1993)