Total Carnage for SNES was released in November 1993 in the USA.
Originaly released in the Arcades by Midway in 1992. There are a number of changes in the SNES version:
* All blood was re-coloured green.
* Various gore effects were removed.
* In one cutscene, a soldier who gets eaten by a monster was replaced by a van.
* The variety of hostages was reduced (e.g., no soldiers anymore) and they don't scream for help.
* A few dialogues were changed.
* The look of the first boss was changed and most graphical effects during the fight were removed.
* In the second level, a sequence involving an electric chair was removed.
* During the final boss fight, the whole second phase was removed - the reason is a Hitler reference.
* The end sequence was completely changed.
[EU] "Total Carnage [Model SNSP-XC-UKV]