Tales of the Arabian Nights © 1996 Williams Electronics Games, Incorporated.
Click to enlarge
|Tales of the Arabian Nights was released in May 1996. 3,128 units of this table were produced.|
Stuff on the Backglass:
* Fullers II: at the bow of the sailing ship. Fullers II is a bar on the northwest side of Chicago.
* Karen LK Jack: at both sides of the bow of the sloop. Karen & Jack are the names on the dingy, they both bartend at Fullers II.
* Ketch u at Scotty's: on the beaker in the Sultans hand. Refers to Scott Ketchum. He used to run Scotty's bar on Long Lake near Hayward in northwest Wisconsin.
* Freddy Jones: on the water pipe. Backglass artist Pat McMahon is a fan of theFreddy Jones Band, a local Chicago band
that has had some moderate success in the US.
* Bennet s: on one of the pots of gold just below the hero. Refers to Bennet Snyder, a plant worker who had more than just a passing interest in belly dancers. He provided artist Pat McMahon with photos to aid in the costuming of the female figures.
* Maxi: on the other pot of gold. Actually just 'Max', artist Pat McMahon's nickname since grammer school.
* DZ: on the stirrup on the horse. Dave Zabriski, responsible for the music.
* JP: on the horses' harness. John Papadiuk, game designer.
* J: on the thiefs' jacket. J was the initial of the guy that artist Pat McMahon patterned the face after.
Stuff on the Playfield:
* taaSuts (?): on the dagger on the ramp diverter plastic. Pat McMahon: "Think I misspelled this one. My spelling checker suggest tarsus, but Iconsider a reference to a birds bone unlikely".
* Imax/Wade: on the Playfield at the base of the sword blade. Imax is actually just Max (Pat's nickname again). Pat McMahon: "I'm driving myself nuts trying to remember what, or who the hell Wade is".
* H.W. - the ball is wild: at the exit of the Jet return lane. A quote from Harry Williams.
* wade: near the head of the tiger in the loop. Wade is Wade Domet, a friend/mentor of John's from Toronto. Wade was on the WCS94 backglass, he's shooting the ball in the net.
* DOHO: to the left of the right slingshot.
* zab: to the right of the left slingshot. Refers to Dave Zabriski.
* Pop 2nd: under the right slingshot. This one together with...
* Duke lnk: under the left slingshot could make Popadiuk.
Click to see more