Information for the following ROM(s): totan_14 totan_12 totan_13 totan_04
Tales of the Arabian Nights © 1996 Williams Electronics Games, Incorporated.
This John Popadiuk-designed masterpiece brings to life some of the most memorable tales of 1001 Nights as told by the Persian Queen Scheherazade. The setting is ancient Baghdad where wishes can be granted in the ultimate battle to rescue the Princess from the clutches of an evil Genie who taunts all foes. There are jewels to be collected and a playfield that will have players spinning Aladdins Lamp, flying on Magic Carpet ramps or visiting the Bazaar for countless awards. With a deep set of rules, beautiful artwork, engaging voice over, and excellent sound effects, this is one of the most popular and highest rated table of all times.
Click to enlarge
|Tales of the Arabian Nights was released in May 1996. 3,128 units of this table were produced.|
Stuff on the Backglass:
* Fullers II: at the bow of the sailing ship. Fullers II is a bar on the northwest side of Chicago.
* Karen LK Jack: at both sides of the bow of the sloop. Karen & Jack are the names on the dingy, they both bartend at Fullers II.
* Ketch u at Scotty's: on the beaker in the Sultans hand. Refers to Scott Ketchum. He used to run Scotty's bar on Long Lake near Hayward in northwest Wisconsin.
* Freddy Jones: on the water pipe. Backglass artist Pat McMahon is a fan of theFreddy Jones Band, a local Chicago band
that has had some moderate success in the US.
* Bennet s: on one of the pots of gold just below the hero. Refers to Bennet Snyder, a plant worker who had more than just a passing interest in belly dancers. He provided artist Pat McMahon with photos to aid in the costuming of the female figures.
* Maxi: on the other pot of gold. Actually just 'Max', artist Pat McMahon's nickname since grammer school.
* DZ: on the stirrup on the horse. Dave Zabriski, responsible for the music.
* JP: on the horses' harness. John Papadiuk, game designer.
* J: on the thiefs' jacket. J was the initial of the guy that artist Pat McMahon patterned the face after.
Stuff on the Playfield:
* taaSuts (?): on the dagger on the ramp diverter plastic. Pat McMahon: "Think I misspelled this one. My spelling checker suggest tarsus, but Iconsider a reference to a birds bone unlikely".
* Imax/Wade: on the Playfield at the base of the sword blade. Imax is actually just Max (Pat's nickname again). Pat McMahon: "I'm driving myself nuts trying to remember what, or who the hell Wade is".
* H.W. - the ball is wild: at the exit of the Jet return lane. A quote from Harry Williams.
* wade: near the head of the tiger in the loop. Wade is Wade Domet, a friend/mentor of John's from Toronto. Wade was on the WCS94 backglass, he's shooting the ball in the net.
* DOHO: to the left of the right slingshot.
* zab: to the right of the left slingshot. Refers to Dave Zabriski.
* Pop 2nd: under the right slingshot. This one together with...
* Duke lnk: under the left slingshot could make Popadiuk.
Click to see more