Super Skweek [Model PA2100]
Atari Lynx Cart. published 28 years ago by Atari
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): supskwek
Super Skweek © 1991 Atari Corp.
Skweek is on a mission. He must conquer five islands inhabited by evil monsters. Each island has 50 levels. Skweek has to paint most levels pink. This is no easy task! The monsters will stop at nothing to thwart Skweek's plans. They've even kidnapped some Skweezettes and imprisoned them on some of the islands. Skweek must destroy soldiers, free the prisoners, and paint like crazy before the monsters destroy him.
Click to enlarge
April 1992 - Consoles + N.8 (Page 136) [FR]: 97/100
May 1992 - Joypad N.8 (Page 115) [FR]: 89/100
* Learn how each monster moves.
Memorize each level.
Shoes provide traction for slippery surfaces.
Follow the King's instructions.
Learn to recognize the different weapon icons so you don’t pick up the wrong weapon.
Shooting balloons and collecting all the letters gives you 3 more lives.
* Unlock Islands: Choose Normal Game from the options. At the map screen position Skweek (or Skruch) over the 'O' in the word GARGOUIL LAND and zoom in with A. If you positioned right in the center of the 'O' you will get to a snorkeling furball and by pressing OPTION 1 you will unlock all the islands (you will see a 'No More Forbidden Islands' message).
* Extra Lives: Choose Normal Game from the options. At the map screen position Skweek (or Skruch) over the small island directly to the right of the WELCOME ISLAND, and zoom in with A over the upper right corner of the dark blue spot. You will see a Skweek next to a palm tree: hover over it and press OPTION 1 for two extra lives.
* Extra Coins: Choose Normal Game from the options. At the map screen position Skweek (or Skruch) over the large body of water in the PAGALAGOS ISLAND. By zooming in with A you will se a Skweek: hover over it and press OPTION 1 for 3,000 extra coins.
* Ending Sequence: Choose Normal Game from the options. At the map screen position Skweek (or Skruch) right below the 'R' in the word GARGOUIL LAND, where the dark blue becomes lighter and zoom in with A. Then, by moving west you will find a pink whale and if you press OPTION 1, you will get the message BRAVO CHEAT ON. The next time you go to the map screen, either by completing one of the islands or restarting a Normal Game, you will go straight to the ending.