Solar Storm [Model 03206]
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): solarstr solarstre
[CONSOLE] Atari 2600 Cart.
Solar Storm © 1983 Imagic
You're strapped in your laser ship, battling fierce Deltoids and Shields. They approach in waves, at faster and faster speeds. Each raider can shoot a single flash of proton energy that comes at you like a lightning bolt.
There's no time to waste. And no place to hide. Then, as you carry on the defense, things get much worse. A far-off sun explodes! Fragments from the cataclysm come raining down. Keep moving!
Blast almost everything you see! If you don't, heat from the solar debris can destroy your planet. If you prevail, you can move out to the edge of space and attack your foes. Sweet revenge!
* Hit as much solar debris as you can, without losing your laser ship.
* Allow the fewest possible objects to reach your planet's surface, or it will overheat and explode.
* Shoot passing fleet ships from your orbital platform to win extra lasers when your score goes up 500 points.
Each SUN SPOT hit: 5 points.
Each DELTOID or SHIELD BLASTER or LANDER hit: 10 points.
Each SOLAR FLARE hit: 20 points.
Each SIZZLOID hit: 50 points.
Each FLEET SHIP hit (from orbital platform): 10 points.
* Remember, Deltoid and Shield Blasters can each fire at you only once. Try to wait until they take their shots before moving your laser into firing position.
* When you hit a Sizzloid the whole screen is cleared. In later stages of the game you can avoid the dangers of many falling targets by waiting until the last possible second to hit a Sizzloid.
[US] PC [Microsoft Windows, CD-ROM] (oct.2003) "Activision Anthology: Remix Edition"
[US] Apple Macintosh [CD-ROM] (2003) "Activision Anthology: Remix Edition"