Shinnyuushain Tooru-Kun © 1984 Konami.
Game ID : GX469
Main CPU : Motorola M6809 (@ 1.25 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 3.579545 Mhz)
Sound Chips : SN76496 (@ 1.789772 Mhz), SN76496 (@ 3.579545 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 4-way joystick
Buttons : 2
Shinnyuushain Tooru-Kun was released in October 1984. The title of this game translates from Japanese as 'New Employee Tooru-kun'. It is known outside Japan as "Mikie".
The classroom level plays the song 'A Hard Day's Night' by The Beatles. The Gym Level plays 'Twist and Shout', the Medley/Russell song made famous by the Fab Four.
Collecting a heart : 200 points
Collecting a flashing heart : 1000 points
Hitting an enemy with an object (basketball or roast) : 400 points
Being hit by a dancer : 100 points
Bumping a student out of their desk (back row) : 400 points
Bumping a student out of their desk (middle row) : 600 points
Bumping a student out of their desk (front row) : 800 points
Stunning an enemy horizontally : 400 points
Stunning an enemy vertically : 800 points
Stunning two enemies horizontally : 2000 points
Stunning two enemies vertically : 3000 points
Stunning three enemies : 5000 points
Smacking an enemy with the door : 600 points
Picking up a lunchbox : 1000 points
Picking up the hamburger : 1000 points
Picking up the Coke : 1000 points
Finding the scantily - clad woman in the closet : 5000 points
Entering the Hallway after finishing any Room : 2000 points
Perfect Room Completion bonus : 5000 points
(Skill Bonus for Locker and Restaurant Rooms - awarded upon exiting the respective room)
Do not throw any objects : 5000 points
Throw one object : 3000 points
Throw two objects : 2000 points
Throw three to four objects : 1000 points
Throw five to eight objects : 200 points
Throw all nine objects : No Bonus
* Test mode : hold START1+START2 during boot. Then press START1 to cycle through the different tests.
* Secret message : In game instruction scene between title screen and demonstration play, input the following code when player character sits on a chair : hold 1P Up + 2P Down then press 1P Start 4 times. "THIS SOFTWARE IS AN ORIGINAL PRODUCT OF KONAMI" should appears.
* You can exit out either of the two Room doors when a room is complete (you can also come back in if need be), but only one door (the one that flashes out) will allow you to continue down towards the garden (the other is where you came in). Still, useful if you're panicking and need a quick exit.
* You can bump the non-heart guarding students out of their desk for points inside the Classroom, but you're only given the points once and this only matters for Step 1 anyways.
* You can headbutt the teacher in the classroom for extra points many, many times, if your timing is good. (Read: Leech)
* Headbutting an enemy vertically in the hallway is extremely difficult, and should only be attempted as a last resort. There just isn't enough room.
* Stun an enemy in the hallway in front of a door, and then smack him with the door for an easy extra 600 points.
* When enemies are moving a little too fast to be comfortable headbutting them, make sure to get them on the horizontal and not the vertical, as it's easier to time your strike.
* If you die after entering a room for the first time (or re-enter a room), the classroom teacher will only delay for about 1 second instead of 3 seconds before entering the room. Be forewarned. You may want to turn around right away and headbutt him as he stands in the doorway.
* The red bucket in the hallway can only hit you on the same horizontal line. Move either up or down (as necessary) to dodge it.
* Controlling and grouping enemies for points is possible on the Garden, but is not easy and cannot be done for very long before they become too fast. Still, it has the most open space of any of the Rooms.
[JP] Sega SG-1000 (1985)
Sega Master System [JP] (1985) "Shinnyushain Tooru Kun"
Arcade Retro Lounge; http://tips.retrogames.com/