Sega Rally 2 - Sega Rally Championship © 1998 Sega.
Runs on the Sega "Model 3 Step 2.0" hardware.
Players : 1
Control : Paddle
Buttons : 8
Released in February 1998 in Japan.
The game serves 1,000,000 polygons per second, three time faster than "Sega Rally Championship".
Soundtrack releases :
Sega Rally Championship 2 Original Soundtrack [Marvelous Entertainment (MMV) - MJCA-00017 - Apr 1, 1998]
* Extra Cars from "Sega Rally Championship" After the machine is installed and run for more than 30 days & 100 games played, press the Select button and pull the Handbrake at the same time on car selection screen, then you'll see the Lancia Delta & Toyota Celica slide into the screen from left.
* Time Difference Mode Press the Select button and pull the Handbrake at the same time after name entry, hold it until the game start, then you will be playing the game in 'Time Difference Mode'.
* Score Attack Mode : After the machine is installed and run for more than 30 days & 100 games played, choose Championship mode, in stage 4 'Riviera' there's 2 hairpin corners, knock down 2 pylons from left to right after the second hairpin in the first lap, then in the second lap you should see an entrance opened on your left hand side after the second hairpin corner. Go inside and have fun! (an extra 30 seconds is added to your game).
* No Handicap for linked game : All players need to step on the brake to choose course when playing linked games. Release brake when the game starts.
* Name Change : The following is a list of initials and what they change to :
SEX - SEC
XXX - AMB
XX - SEC
X - M.A
YU - AM2 (Yu Suzuki of AM2)
* Name Change Extra : Name change extra works in a similar way, only having typed the relevant initials an actual name is displayed on the car instead of the entered initials. Examples are :
SAS - Sasaki
MAS - Masaki
POO - Some Japanese characters
* No Music : After you have entered your initials, press Start and hold until game starts. Note : some machines may have the music turned off by default.
Sega Dreamcast (1999)
PC [MS Windows 9x, CD-ROM] [HCJ-0145] (Jun 1999)