No Good Gofers
A 21-year-old Coin-op Pinball by Williams Electronics Games, Inc.
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): ngg_13 ngg_p06 ngg_10
No Good Gofers © 1997 Williams Electronics Games, Incorporated.
Main CPU : Motorola M6809 (@ 2 MHz)
Sound CPU : ADSP2105 (@ 10 MHz)
Sound chip : DMA-driven DAC
No Good Gofers was released in December 1997.
The red button is held by Buzz on the backglass.
Game ROM G11 Revision 1.0 (changes since prototype 0.5)
Date : December 1, 1997
- This is the release of software for production.
- Added German, French and Spanish translations
- Fixed german default pricing
- Fixed broken Time per Credit bookkeeping entry.
- Tournament mode rules adjusted.
- Many new lamp and display improvements.
- Improved broken switch and gofer compensation.
- Some speech improvements.
- Added Gofer test and Ordered Lamp test
- Added Hole-in-One and Daily Champions
- Fixed bug in Super Drive.
- Added difficulty preset adjustments
- Fixed ramp count bug on 5th multiball wave.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Hole in One challenge from starting off a true hole-in-one.
- More support for burn-in testing
Game ROM G11 Revision 1.2
Date : February 16, 1998
- Added new adjustment A2.32 (KICK DOWN MIDDLE). This adjustment (defaults to NO) turns off the kick from the Putting Green down towards the flippers. The kick will still happen at the start of Mulitball, but all other arrivals will be passed to the jet bumpers. Setting this to YES reverts to the original action.
- Improved switch handling for the Golf Cart toy.
- Changed rules slightly to light the Slam Ramp for one shot when a gofer is whacked.
- Changed Golf Stroke rules. Every hole starts at 7, the count drops by hitting gofer, making a drive shot, or putting out.
- Fixed a bug in status report.
- Some lamp and display glitches fixed.
- Improved kickback coil fire timing.
- Speech has been made a little more player-friendly :
From designer Louis Koziarz: In software revisions before 1.2, if you restarted a game sometimes you would get this script :
Bud : 'Welcome back!'
Buzz : 'NOW GO AWAY!'
We had a few complaints that this was a little harsh on players, so the call was removed for the 1.2 release. That's all. The 'go away' quote was also spoken sometimes in attract mode if you pressed the flippers and attract mode sound was set to ON, that was removed as well.
Game ROM G11 Revision 1.3
Date : April 6, 1998
- Improved ball search and missing ball compensation.
- Improved Hole-in-One Challenge interaction with Ripoff and Pop-A-Gofer.
- Some display and speech improvements.
During Attract mode, press the following sequence :
Design Team : B, 16R, 1L, 13R, 1L, 12R, 1L
Once entered you have to wait 5 minutes until you can do it again.