The Arcade Video Game PCB by NAMCO
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): nebulray nebulrayj
[ARCADE] Arcade Video Game PCB
Nebulasray © 1994 Namco.
NebulasRay is a vertically scrolling shoot'em up for one or two players. Civil war has broken out in the Austral star system, with the militaristic 'Master Forces' ousting the ruling government and looking to seize control of the entire system.
Taking on the role of resistance fighters, players must battle through waves of enemy ships across 6 levels, before finally reaching and destroying the 'Master Fortress'. As well as forward-firing weapons, each player ship also carries a limited number of powerful bombs that inflict much greater damage on the enemy than the standard weapons. Initially, each player ship is armed with only 3 bombs.
Numerous weapons and power-ups can be picked up during play, each of which can itself be powered-up:
* WIDE SHOT - Increases shot width. 5 levels available.
* GAIN POWER - Increases destructive power. 5 levels available.
* SPEED UP - Increases player ship speed. 5 levels available.
* BOMB - Extra bomb. Maximum of 7 can be carried.
* FOUR-BARREL PHOTON - Powerful Photon torpedoes. Time-based.
* HOMING LASER - Powerful lasers that automatically target enemies. Time-based.
* LIGHTING BURST - Powerful short-range lightning burst. Time-based.
* DEFLECTOR - Shield to protect player ships. Time-based.
* EXTRA POINTS - Pick up for 3000 points.
Visually, NebulasRay employs complex sprite rotation and scaling techniques - as well as multi-layered parallax scrolling - to create impressive and highly detailed graphics with a true sense of depth.
Namco System NB-1 hardware
Game ID : NR
Main CPU : Motorola 68EC020 (@ 24.192 Mhz), M37702 (@ 16.128 Mhz)
Sound Chips : C352 (@ 16.128 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 3
Nebulasray was released in March 1994.
Victor Entertainment released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Nebulasray : Namco Game Sound Express Vol.13 - VICL-15027) on 21/07/1994.