NBA Basketball [Model 2615]
A 40-year-old Mattel Intellivision Game by Mattel Electronics
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): basketbl
NBA Basketball © 1978 Mattel Electronics.
Jump shots, set shots, pin-point passing, fast breaks, interceptions, steals, plus the roar of the crowd! It's all here and more with INTELLIVISION NBA BASKETBALL by Mattel Electronics! Each player has his own three-man team! There's plenty of action, and lots of quick reflexes and skill required! Passing is a real challenge and can make the difference between a good and a great player! It's your ball! Fifteen seconds left on the 24-second clock! You look for an open man to pass to. Or will you dribble around, trying to get free for a jump shot? Ten seconds, better make up your mind! Five, four, three, two -- shoot! Swish! Two points!
OBJECT OF THE GAME of course is to sink more baskets than your opponent in 4
regulation quarters. (Times are simulated.) As in the NBA, two points for each
basket scored. (No foul shots in this game.) Overtime periods to a decision if
PASS KEYS: 1 through 9
JUMP SHOT: Clear
SET SHOT: Enter
DISC: Move Player Disc
* Get the ball upcourt, keep it moving! (24-second clock resets after each completed pass.)
* Find the open man under the hoop. Hit him with your pass immediately! (Press pass key for area you want pass to reach.)
* Nobody open? Look to the corners! Get the ball to either corner and you may have an opening for a high percentage jump shot or set shot!
* Pass from the corners, back under the basket. Try for an unmolested lay-up! Easy field goal, two points!
* Of course you'll want to use the whole court! Stay alert for the open man!
* SHOOTING: Jump shots are harder to block than set shots, but try to work your man clear! Avoid too many long-distance set shots! Remember, the closer you are to the basket, the better your chances!
* REBOUNDING: Keep in mind that when you're on defense, all you men can go for the rebound, On offense, only your shooter can go to the boards!
* BLOCKING: Computer-controlled defenders are good shot-blockers too! Work your way around them! If a shot is blocked, the defense takes over!
* WATCH THE CLOCK!: Don't forget the 24-second clock! Move fast and try to plan ahead!