[CONSOLE] Mattel Intellivision Game
NASL Soccer © 1979 Mattel Electronics.
KICKOFF! The ball is yours, now move it downfield! Teamwork and footwork are the name of this game. The defense is pressing... PASS to a teammate! Get the ball in close to your opponent's goal. Move quickly... evade the defense... keep the ball inbounds. You're in the goal area. Fake out the goalie and shoot! IT'S A SCORE!
* COORDINATE Direction Disc with Pass and Shoot buttons. When both controls work together smoothly, you have an edge.
* LEARN TO PASS effectively. Watch how players move off and on-screen, as the screen pans. make the panning effect work to your advantage with off-screen passing.
* On long passes, use the faster SHOOT button, rather than the PASS button. The faster speed will carry the ball farther before it slows down, with less chance of interception.
* WATCH YOUR AIM. Wild shots and passes may be intercepted or travel out of bounds.
* LOOK OUT FOR THE DEFENSE. Man with the ball can't run as fast as the Defensive Captain. If pressed too close, pass the ball.
* MANEUVER THE GOALIE. Learn to play goalie and Defensive Captain simultaneously. Practice makes it easy.
* If your DEFENSIVE CAPTAIN falls too far behind the man with the ball, let your man drop back completely off-screen. He will reappear on-screen in front of the man with the ball.
* Remember that the BEST DEFENSE IS A GOOD OFFENSE. Get possession of the ball and keep possession until you score!