Monster Bash © 1998 Williams Electronics Games, Incorporated.
Model Number : 50065
Main CPU : Motorola M6809 (@ 2 MHz)
Sound CPU : ADSP2105 (@ 10 MHz)
Sound chip : DMA-driven DAC
Released in August 1998. 3,361 units were produced.
In the game there is a 'Cow palace' venue.
In the Mosh Pit Multiball animation you can see a cow skeleton on the left side of the screen.
A DOHO is seen in the graveyard when Igor finds a part for the monsters body.
Elvira and Wonder Woman can be seen on the backglass.
Version 1.0 (Changes since prototype 0.5)
Date : August 16, 1998
- Added the instrument bonus rule.
- Monster bash and monsters of rock scoring changed.
- Fixed a bug with the setup for the concert halls for each player. In multi-player games, only the player who played last would have the concert halls that they had earned. All other players would have no halls. This has been corrected.
- Last chance rule added for Frankenstein (when Frank multiball ends and the player has not collected the keyboard).
- Flipper speedup now available for most ball-holding display shows.
- Added the Lyman's Lament rule.
- Addition : An audit for starting the Frankenstein 'last chance' feature has now been added.
- Addition : A high score for mosh pit multiball has now been added.
- Addition : Some new sounds and speech have been added.
- Addition : Some artwork has been added to the Monster Bash and Monsters of Rock display awards.
- Bug fix : When the random award would give out a silver bullet, the full moon fever grace period would not allow the random award to complete. This has now been fixed.
- Bug fix : Some messages were not being displayed correctly in the custom message- this has now been fixed.
- Bug fix : A typo in the spelling of the adjustment for auto-flip disable has been corrected.
- Bug fix : Multiball total display effects. Occasionally a multiball total display effect might run more than once for the same multiball. This has now been fixed.
- Bug fix : Some problems with some of the presets for the 'install' features have been fixed. "Install medium" and default settings are now the same, as originally intended.
- Bug fix : Last chance feature with Frankenstein running with flaming torch was not blinking the lamp for the launch button. This has now been fixed.
- Bug fix : During the Lyman's Lament cheat, if the player earns the feature again, the player will now be credited with the points for the award.
- Bug fix : The way the mosh pit multiball total was being displayed has now been fixed.
- Change : The long period of silence between game end and high score/match being displayed has been shortened.
- Change : The Tomb Treasure target will now award 2 bumper hits toward lighting the Mummy Mayhem mode (when multiball is not active).
- Change : Frankenstein table and up/down bank motors will now not be activated if a switch is shorted out. Test report will now detect and report if a row is shorted, so the switch compensation mode will take over.
- Change : Auto-flip can now be moved by lane-change if only 1 lane works. (In this case, the light will toggle with the flipper).
- Change : Lock post on the right ramp has been enhanced to stay up longer at the start of Frankenstein mutliball mode, and for Frankenstein 'last chance', to compensate for a Frankenstein table motor that might be running slower than normal.
- Change : The French preset to include maximum stacked extra balls has now been changed to 1 (adjustment A.1 03).
With a game started, press the following sequence : B, 11L, 1R, 5L, 1R, 6L, 1R.
If entered successfully Lyman Sheats will say 'Totally' and your next award at the 'venue' scoop will be 'Lyman's Lament'.
Android (may.31, 2012, "The Pinball Arcade")