You control a World War II attacker bomber in a special, death-defying mission...where EVERYTHING you destroy counts. Your targets are combat ships, aircraft carriers, tanks, trucks, trains and the like, and you must fight DAY and NIGHT to succeed! You can fly your plane up, down, left, right, or at an angle, and both drop BOMBS and shoot BULLETS. WATCH OUT for the ENEMY! They always fire at you from the ground and chase you in the air!
Runways appear at the beginning and between battle cycles. Your score appears between battle cycles and when you are hit. There are 4 skill levels and 12 types of targets. Both single and multiple hits are possible. Scoring gets tougher by the minute! This is prime-time WAR ACTION! If you fail the first time, you are given 3 more chances! So BLOW them to PIECES, score HIGH and get you mission RIGHT!
1, 2, 3, DISC: Skill level
UPPER SIDE ACTION KEYS: Bomb
LOWER SIDE ACTION KEYS: Shoot
DISC: Fly (up, down, left, right)
The maximum possible score is 99,000,000. The maximum number of hits is 2,560,000.
Click to see more (members only)
Your score appears either when hit or when returning to your runway. You get points for every target you hit. Multiple hits give you more points if you hit the same target in different places.
ROAD: 10 points
TRAIN TRACK: 20 points
ANTI-AIRCRAFT: 50 points
TANK: 80 POINTS
SMALL SHIP: 100 points
TRAIN: 100 points
BRIDGE: 150 points
TRUCK: 150 points
LARGE SHIP: 200 points
TRAIN ENGINE: 300 points
AIRCRAFT CARRIER: 500 points
ENEMY PLANE: 500 points
You get 80 BONUS POINTS for every second you are at the lowest altitude on top of the runway.
You get 500 BONUS POINTS for destroying both sections of a bridge.
TIPS AND TRICKS
* You get BONUS PLANES when your score reaches:
* Duck approaching missiles by pulling to one side ore quickly losing or gaining altitude.
* Be extra careful when flying in front of an enemy plane - your chance of survival is only 50%.
* Avoid being cornered to one side of the screen by guided missiles or enemy planes.
* Always keep your plane flying at near-zero altitude over the runway each time it appears, and don't ever bomb the runway by mistake!
* Go for the high-point targets whenever possible. Think big. Go for the bonus points and maximum score, too!
* Easter Egg: Press 6 on the right hand controller, 9 on the left and hit RESET to bring up programmer John Tomlinson's name on the title screen.