Mario Bros. [Model CX2697]
The Atari 2600 Cart. by Atari, Inc.
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): mario
[CONSOLE] Atari 2600 Cart.
Mario Bros. © 1983 Atari, Incorporated.
Mario the carpenter and his brother Luigi are hopping mad! The water pipes in their house are blocked with nests of crawling creatures. If the two brothers can't get rid of them they'll never take a bath again!
Your task is to help Mario and Luigi knock the pipe pests off floors and into a puddle of water below. Each time a pest is knocked off, you earn points; when all the pests are knocked off, the next round begins. You start the game with five lives, and earn additional lives every 20,000 points.
To jump from floor to floor, press the controller button while Mario or Luigi is running to the right or left. To jump straight up, press the button when Mario or Luigi is standing still.
* Use your POW switch when there is more than one pest on the screen.
* Watch out for the last pest on the screen--it will speed up and be much harder to punch.
* Try to hit a Sidestepper two times as quickly as possible. If you're fast, you can flip it over before it scurries off to a different level.
* Learn the fastest routs to pick up coins during a coin phase
* You'll earn more points for kicking rather than punching Slipice. Slipice always stops on the lowest unfrozen floor. Wait for him to stop, then kick him off before he freezes the floor.