Magical Drop II © 1996 Data East.
Who says puzzle games can't be fast paced? This incredibly addictive puzzle game features hectic gameplay, cool graphics with awesome animations, fun music and different gameplay modes to choose from. Play it now but be warned, this is indeed one of the Neo-Geo's most addictive games ever!
Runs on the SNK "Neo-Geo MVS" hardware.
Game ID : NGM-221
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
=> [A] Catch balloons, [B] Throw balloons
Magical Drop II was released on March 21, 1996 in Japan.
The characters are broad parodies of a few of the characters featured in the well-known Tarot cards.
Default highscore table (RANKING TOP5)
1 5000 D .E
2 4500 D .E
3 4000 D .E
4 3500 D .E
5 3000 D .E
Pony Canyon / Scitron released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Magical Drop II - PCCB-00217) on June 21, 1996.
There are some serious differences between the Japanese version and the international versions of this game :
* The Japanese version has character specific endings.
* All characters feature their own voice in the Japanese version, the European version features 4 voice tracks for all characters (some of these in Spanish) & the USA version features a single voice track for all characters.
* The Japanese version features three main different gameplay modes: Puzzle, Vs & Challenge. All other versions only feature Puzzle & Vs as selectable gameplay modes.
* The Japanese version features three selectable skill levels for each gameplay mode (Easy, Normal & Difficult). All other versions only offer Easy & Normal skill settings.
* Bonus Characters : Enter the character selection screen. To play as Devil, Strength and Empress, highlight the following characters and press Down on each (in order) :
00 - The Fool
01 - Magician
02 - High Priestess
07 - Chariot
11 - Justice
17 - Sorceress
21 - World
* Play Against Black Clown : Don't lose a credit and after the battle against The Empress, Black Clown will appears.
Supervisor : Iwao Horita, Naomi Susa
Planner : Syungo Katagiri
Programmers : Tac. H, 3.2.1
Graphic Designers : S. Takeuchi, Asamin, Rie Sakurai, Mayu Sato, Hiroshi Hachiya
Sound : Masaaki Iwasaki (Koremasa), Hiroaki Yoshida (Maro) (Gamadelic), Shogo (Gamadelic)
* Character Voices :
The Fool and The Devil : Eri Tanaka
The Star : Mitsuyo Sunada
The Chariot : Nobuyuki Hiyama
The Magician : Isshin Chiba
The High Priestess and The World : Eriko
The Justice : Ring Ring
The Strength : Gorilla
The Empress : Rie Sakurai
The Black Clown : Kumiko Oka
* Foreign voices :
English : Steve Miller
Spanish : C. Amalia
Italian : B. Maurizio
Korean : K. Hyonsub, Maki
Cooperation : Magical Drop Staff
Special Thanks : Tomohiko Ebi, K. Oshima, Osada Erika, Kanari Minoru, Y. Kawai, Y. Sakamoto, Mayu Sato, H. Jinbo, Y. Sugahara, K. Tatsukawa, Makoto Nagao, H. Nakamoto, Shingo Mitsui, K. Minegishi, Masao
[JP] SNK Neo-Geo AES (apr.19, 1996) "Magical Drop II [Model NGH-221]"
[JP] SNK Neo-Geo CD (may.24, 1996) "Magical Drop II [Model NGCD-221]"
[US] SNK Neo-Geo CD (may.24, 1996) "Magical Drop II [Model NGCD-221E]"
[JP] Nintendo Super Famicom (sept.20, 1996) "Magical Drop II [Model SHVC-AOKJ]"
[JP] Sega Saturn (sept.27, 1996) "Magical Drop II [Model GS-9104]"
Nintendo Wii [Virtual Console] [JP] (may.25, 2010) Neo-Geo version
Nintendo Wii [Virtual Console] [US] (nov.29, 2010) Neo-Geo version
Nintendo Wii [Virtual Console] [EU] (dec.03, 2010) Neo-Geo version
Mobile Phones [US] (mar.11, 2004)