Judge Dredd © 1993 Midway.
Midway WPC (DCS)
Model Number : 20020
Main CPU : Motorola M6809 (@ 2 MHz)
Sound CPU : ADSP2105 (@ 10 Mhz)
Sound Chips : DMA-driven DAC (@ 10 Mhz)
Released in August 1993.
This game is based on the original '2000 AD' comic book series, not the movie.
This game was part of WMS' SuperPin series. It is also the only game in the line to feature a SuperGame mode (which costs two credits to play).
The criminal in '35 years for arms dealing' is the girl getting kissed from "Creature from The Black Lagoon".
The criminal in '15 years for auto theft' is the snackbar operator from "Creature from The Black Lagoon".
Date : August 18, 1993
- Initial release for production.
Date : August 25, 1993
- Balls are no longer locked on planet ring.
Date : August 30, 1993
- German pricing fix.
Date : September 8, 1993
- USA pricing fix.
Date : September 27, 1993
- Added audits on left and right drains.
- Left ramp enter switch no longer reports errors.
- Improved right ball shooter logic.
Date : October 12, 1993
- Changed 'lock ball' message due to rule change.
- Changed USA default pricing from $0.50 to 6/$2
- Fixed planet test switch number.
- Switch 28 (not used) no longer shows up in test report.
- Increased delays between firing of certain coils to reduce stress on the coil fuse.
Date : January 6, 1994
- Fixed pricing for Italy buy-in.
- Improved the ball shooter logic -- left and right.
- Fixed the SuperGame replay level calculation.
- Added a ball saver timer adjustment.
- Added coin door interlock message.
* Press the red buttons when :
1) You shoot the Sniper Tower to recollect the value and the sniper smacks into a wire fence.
2) The Safecracker guy opens the safe and smiles.
3) Judge Dredd speaks into a C.B. and tells you to 'get the Extra Ball'.
* Hidden audits : In Attract mode when the display reads CREDITS, press 1L,1R,1L,1R,1L quickly. This will show audits about played Super Games.
Designer : John Trudeau (Dr. Flash) (J T)
Artwork : Kevin O'Connor
Software : Jeff Johnson (JBJ)
DMD Animation : Scott Slomiany, Eugene Geer
Mechanics : Ernie Pizarro
Music : Paul Heitsch (PNH), Vince Pontarelli
Sound : Paul Heitsch