Indy 500 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Emulated in MAME !
[ARCADE] Arcade Video Game PCB
Indy 500 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway © 1995 Sega.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!!
Click to enlarge
Runs on the Sega "Model 2B
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 4
Indy 500 was released in July 1995.
One of the songs from this game was featured on a soundtrack called 'SEGA-Con', which is a collection of classic Sega songs.
* Fifth View : To access a secret fifth view, switch to the fourth view during the race, then press any two view change buttons simultaneously.
* Mirror Mode : Hold the red zoom in button while pressing Start to begin the game. All of the track graphics and text will be flipped horizontally.
* Mirror Mode And Power Steering : Hold both Zoom buttons while pressing Start to begin your game. You'll be playing in mirror mode and the steering wheel will turn more freely. Note : These tricks will only work on the 'twin type' machines and not on the deluxe 'dx' type.
* Backwards Tracks : Hold the shift lever Down while starting a game. You'll be driving the track in the opposite direction. Note : That in a multiplayer game the course direction is determined with majority rule; that is it won't work unless the majority of the players hold their shifter Down at this time.
* Drive The Pace Car : After choosing a course-but before the race starts, step on the Brake and simultaneously press the Start button. You'll be driving the mustang pace car.
* Vs. Pace Cars : After choosing a course-but before the race starts, step on the Brake and simultaneously push the shift lever Up. This will change your opponents car to pace cars. Note : That in a multiplayer game, this will only change the appearance of the cars which are controlled by your game board (your screen only will be affected).
* Front View : To see your car from front to back, switch to the third or fourth view during the race, then press the Start button and both view change buttons simultaneously.
* Position Markers : Hold the Start button when changing views to make the car's position markers appear above the cars.
* Trailer Tricks : At the transmission select screen, step on the Brake to close the door on the trailer that holds your car or step on the Gas to view your car coming out of the trailer.
* Bird Trick : When driving on the 'Highland Raceway' track in 'Backwards Track Mode' a flock of birds will cling to your car. If you immediately make a u-turn and drive in the opposite direction, the birds will stick with you for the rest of the game.