Indianapolis 500 [Model 50026]
Coin-op Pinball published 25 years ago by Midway Mfg.
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): i500_11r i500_11b i500_10r
Indianapolis 500 © 1994 Midway.
Model Number : 50026
Main CPU : Motorola M6809 (@ 2 MHz)
Sound CPU : ADSP2105 (@ 10 MHz)
Sound chip : DMA-driven DAC
Released in August 1995. 2,249 units were produced.
COW is spelt with the Spanner Targets.
The last souvenir is a cow.
In 'Wrong Turn' you can see a cow in the farmer animation.
Sometimes a cow appears on the Pit Stop, being refuled/milked. You can also see this cow intentionally :
1. Advance the speedway light to Quick Pit, using the right ramp.
2. Light the Award Speedway light on the right loop.
3. Shoot the right loop.
4. Hit the Launch button rapidly when the animation starts. The cow appears!
DOHO is spelt with the Spanner Targets, and is also sometimes seen in the skid/crasch animation in the Video mode.
Version 1.0 (Changes from prototype 0.8)
Date : August 4, 1995
- This is the release of software for production.
- Corrected an error in the replay system to made it impossible to adjust Replay Boost to OFF.
- In the diagnostic test menu, the coindoor G.I. string was incorrectly stated to be in the WHT-GRN string. It now correctly states the WHT-VIO string.
- The 10-point switch located at the jet bumper arena exit did not score any points; now it does.
Date : November 1, 1995
- Removed German Price Fixing, and updated Belgium Coinage tables.
- After a player finished entering his/her initials for a Pit Champion high score, the record time would be displayed incorrectly at the end of the effect. Nothing else was affected.
- If the game was re-started while a ball was held in the pit stop diverter, the diverter would remain open until ball search.
- When installing pre-sets EASY or EXTRA HARD the word INSTALLED would not appear.