Released in December 1998 in Japan.
ALUCARD, a selectable character, backwards spells DRACULA.
Aine originally appeared in "Samurai Aces
" and as a hidden character in "Tengai" as Ayin. Here in Gunbird 2, he has quite a 'different' type of bomb attack :).
Gunbird 2 shares some similarities with the 1975 anime series 'Time Bokan':
* The flag symbol in Time Bokan is a clear skull and in this game is a 2P like a skull.
* The thin guy has a very ugly nose also a moustache and teeth like a rabbit (he is the same in the game and the anime).
* The fat guy has a beard. In this game and in Time Bokan, he has a semi-shaved beard (so with the exception of the beard, the guy is almost the same).
* The chief is a luxuriant woman (in the anime, she always was topless in the end).
* In Time Bokan, the bad guys always show a stupid new-robot to defeat the good guys. In the game is the same.
Note : There are 27 different endings!
The game forbids the initials 'SEX' on the high score table. If you try, it gets changed to three smileys.
Pony Canyon / Scitron released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Gunbird 2, Gunbird - SGCD-0003) on 04/12/1998.