餓狼伝説スペシャル © 1993 SNK.
(Garou Densetsu Special)
Just as the name implies, this is a special edition of "Fatal Fury 2" filled with plenty of fun stuff. Features a few old familiar faces from the first game as newcomers; background with 2 battle planes; improved control and lots of secrets. Without a doubt, one of the better chapters in the series!
Runs on the SNK "Neo-Geo MVS" hardware.
Game ID: NGM-058
[SNK MVS Neo-Geo Controls]
2 players - 4 buttons per player.
[JOYSTICK] 8-way [A] Quick punch [B] Quick kick [C] Strong punch [D] Strong kick
Garou Densetsu Special was released in September 1993 in Japan.
The title of this game translates from Japanese as 'Legend of Hungry Wolf Special'.
This game is known outside Japan as 'Fatal Fury Special'.
Things that changed in this particular game :
* The combo system has been improved, hit damage has been lessened & the game speed has been increased.
* Newcomers in the game are Duck King, Tung Fu Rue, Geese Howard & Ryo Sakazaki.
Is Kim Kaphwan trying to replace Superman? You'll see for yourself when you spot him flying in Big Bear's & Terry Bogard's stages!
Pony Canyon released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Garou Densetsu Special - PCCB-00138) on 21/10/1993.
MVS (arcade) vs. Home (neo-geo) differences :
- Home : After the credits you will see all the characters grouped together and it will say to try a harder difficulty. If you beat it in the hardest difficulty it will say 'Perfect! It's a knockout, Superman!'.
- Home : If playing on the hardest difficulty and you fought Ryo Sakazaki, you will see all the characters moving around him in a circle while he, for some reason, is crying.
* Fight against Ryo Sakazaki : Beat the game without losing a single round (you can lose continues, but not rounds). You'll face against "Art of Fighting"'s main character Ryo Sakazaki as a powerful extra end boss!
* Beat the game without using a single continue and after the credits you will see every character performing a special move, their portraits and giving a quote.
1. Garou Densetsu - Shukumei no Tatakai [Model NGM-033] (1991, MVS)
2. Garou Densetsu 2 - Arata-Naru Tatakai [Model NGM-047] (1992, MVS)
3. Garou Densetsu Special [Model NGM-058] (1993, MVS)
4. Garou Densetsu 3 - Harukanaru Tatakai [Model NGM-069] (1995, MVS)
5. Real Bout Garou Densetsu [Model NGM-095] (1995, MVS)
6. Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special [Model NGM-223] (1997, MVS)
7. Real Bout Garou Densetsu 2 - The Newcomers [Model NGM-240] (1998, MVS)
8. Fatal Fury - Wild Ambition (1999, ARC)
9. Garou - Mark of the Wolves [Model NGM-253] (1999, MVS)
10. Fatal Fury First Contact [Model NEOP00111] (1999, NGPC)
Producer : Eikichi Kawasaki
Main Planner : Tsukamichi-2
Planners : Chinta, Deru-Deru
Main Object designer : Tsuzakingyo
Object designers : Higashi Pon (as Higashipon Mega), Tony J Oki, Lionhert 31, Heitarou
Demo sketch : Tsuka
Main Scroll & Demo : Somatoreeno
Scroll & Demo : Moriyan No. 16th
Main programmer : Yamatan (as Yamatan GT-X)
Programmers : Narutaki, EP82Boy., Speaker.R
Sound creators : Toshio Shimizm (as Shimizm), Yamapy-1, Jojoha Kitapy
* Voice Actors :
Terry Bogard : Satoshi Hashimoto
Andy Bogard : Jun Hashimoto
Joe Higashi : Katsuhisa Namase
Mai Shiranui : Akoya Sogi
Big Bear : Dango Takeda
Cheng Sinzan : Jun Hashimoto
Laurence Blood : Katsuhisa Namase
Axel Hawk : Michael Beard
Billy Kane : Katsuhisa Namase
Wolfgang Krauser : Michael Beard
[JP] SNK Neo-Geo AES (Dec. 22, 1993; "Garou Densetsu Special [Model NGH-058]")
[US] SNK Neo-Geo AES (Dec. 22, 1993; "Fatal Fury Special [Model NGH-058]")
[JP] Nintendo Super Famicom (jul.29, 1994; "Garou Densetsu Special [Model SHVC-3R]")
[JP] SNK Neo-Geo CD (Sep. 09, 1994; "Garou Densetsu Special [Model NGCD-058]")
[US] SNK Neo-Geo CD (Sep. 09, 1994; "Fatal Fury Special [Model NGCD-058E]")
[JP] Sega Game Gear (Nov. 25, 1994; "Garou Densetsu Special [Model T-103017]")
Sega Game Gear [US] & [EU] (1994; Fatal Fury Special)
NEC PC-Engine Super CD [JP] (Dec. 02, 1994; "Garou Densetsu Special [Model HCD4067]")
[JP] Sega Mega CD (Mar. 31, 1995; "Garou Densetsu Special [Model T-60214]")
[US] Sega CD (1995; "Fatal Fury Special [Model T-60165]")
Super NES [US] (Apr. ??, 1995, "Fatal Fury Special [Model SNS-3R]")
Super NES [EU] (1995, "Fatal Fury Special [Model SNS-P-3R]")
[JP] Sony PS2 (jul.20, 2006, "Garou Densetsu Battle Archives 1 [NeoGeo Online Collection Vol.5] [Model SLPS-25664]")
[US] Sony PS2 & [EU] ("Fatal Fury Collection")
Microsoft XBOX 360 [Xbox Live Arcade] [JP] (Sep. 05, 2007, Garou Densetsu Special)
Microsoft XBOX 360 [Xbox Live Arcade] [US] & [EU] (Sep. 05, 2007, Fatal Fury Special)
[JP] Sony PS2 (may.29, 2008, "Garou Densetsu Battle Archives 1 [NeoGeo Online Collection The Best] [Model SLPS-25863]")
Nintendo Wii [Virtual Console] [JP] (Nov. 04, 2009; Garou Densetsu Special)
Nintendo Wii [Virtual Console] [US] (Mar. 01, 2010; Fatal Fury Special)
Nintendo Wii [Virtual Console] [EU] (Mar. 26, 2010; Fatal Fury Special)
[JP] Sharp X68000 (jul.28, 1994; "Garou Densetsu Special [Model MGX-5004]")
FM Towns [JP] (Sep. 13, 1996)