E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial [Model CX2674]
Atari 2600 Cart. published 36 years ago by Atari, Inc.
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): et ete
E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial © 1982 Atari, Incorporated.
Your mission is to help E.T. find the three pieces of his interplanetary telephone, call his ship, and guide him to the landing pad in time to be rescued. Do this before E.T.'s energy runs out, and you'll win the round and score points!
E.T. transverses six sites on Planet Earth.
There are four ways to earn special points in the game: by keeping E.T.'s energy count up, by carrying Candy onto the rescue ship, by giving Elliott pieces of Candy, and by collecting more than 31 Candy pieces in a round. Your score is displayed on the screen at the end of the game, or when E.T. boards the rescue ship.
After E.T. collects 31 Candy pieces, he loses 700 energy units for each new Candy piece he picks up. The energy units are subtracted from E.T.'s energy count in the NEXT round played.
Bonus points are scored as follows:
Candy Pieces carried onto Rescue Ship: 490 points each.
Candy Pieces given to Elliott: 770 points each.
Candy Pieces after the 31st piece: 1000 points each.
Remaining energy: 1 point per unit.
* Use the wells as escape zones. Since humans can't go into the wells, E.T. can deliberately fall into one if a threatening human approaches. Remember, floating in and out of wells costs energy.
* Since the game is set up so that only one human at a time can be on the screen with E.T., you might occasionally want to let the scientist capture E.T. This way, the FBI agent can't get our hero and take away precious phone pieces.
* Give Elliott as many pieces of Candy as possible. The more you give him, the more bonus points you score at the end of the game.
* To pause play, allow E.T. to fall into a well. You can leave him there as long as you like without endangering E.T. or subtracting from his energy. When you're ready to play again, levitate E.T. out of the well and resume the game.
* Sometimes E.T. will fall back into a well after he has levitated up to the planet surface. To prevent this, move E.T. right or left immediately after the scene changes from the well interior to the planet surface. E.T. will move from the well onto solid ground, in the same direction you move your Joystick.