Crash © 1979 Exidy.
Crash is a 2-D maze racing game. You control your car through the maze to pick up the dots while at the same time avoiding the car, or cars, that are constantly trying to ram you. Successfully get through one maze and many more await you. This is good practice for freeway driving in the big city.
Main CPU : MOS Technology M6502 (@ 705.562 Khz)
Sound Chips : Discrete
Screen orientation : Horizontal
Video resolution : 248 x 256 pixels
Screen refresh : 57.00 Hz
Palette colors : 2
Players : 1
Control : 4-way joystick
Buttons : 1
Released in July 1979.
|10 pts X number of cars on field.
* Always be aware of where the Jam Car(s) is/are located. They can make up to two lane changes at a time, and that lane change may be into your lane.
* The faster you go, the fewer lanes you can cross. At full acceleration, you will only be able to change one lane at a time. Decelerate (take your finger off the accelerate button) to go across multiple lanes.
* The Jam Car(s) always travel in a clockwise motion while you travel in a counterclockwise motion. Remember that so that you don't get confused when there are multiple cars in the maze.
* Don't try to get all the dots on one of the lanes. You need to anticipate where your next move is well before you enter the lane change area since you cannot change lanes at any other time. Sometimes, on the earlier levels, it is best to do a staggered type dot pickup where you do lane one, change to lane two, to lane three, lane four, lane five, then back to lane one. If you time it right, the Jam Car or Cars will still be in the maze.
* Don't let the speed of the Jam Car(s) throw you. Just plan to be out of your lane and in the lane change area before them. If both cars enter at the same time, you run a big risk of a collision.
Designed and programmed by : Edward Valeau