Checkered Flag © 1994 Atari Corp.
Race for the Checkered Flag behind the wheel of a turbo-powered speedway racer in real-time, 3D-action. Choose from 10 high-performance tracks and see the speedway from 6 distinct views. Alter features and attributes on your racer to improve your times or even change the weather conditions. You'll swear you feel the wind in your hair as your tires screech around the curves. Just keep your sweaty palms on the controller!
A Button: Accelerate
B Button: Brake
C Button: Cruise Control (while held down)
Button 1: Driver View 1
Button 2: Driver View 2
Button 3: Driver View 3
Button 4: Driver View 4
Button 5: Driver View 5
Button 6: Driver View 6
Button 0: Music ON/OFF
JOYPAD UP: Manual Transmission Shift Up
JOYPAD LEFT: Steer Left
JOYPAD RIGHT: Steer Right
JOYPAD DOWN: Manual Transmission Shift Down
* and #: Resets Game
- Use wet tires in rain or fog.
- Choosing manual transmission gives you a higher top speed.
- A low airfoil gives your car less drag but it will have less downforce. You'll want to use it on fast tracks.
- High airfoils are especially good on curvy tracks.
- Avoid the roadsides and pit areas. They will slow you down and cost you time.
- You have less traction in the fog.
* Night-time Racing (at 'Weather option') = 8,4,7,3
Producer: John Skruch
Coordinator: Jason Kingsley
Programmer: Robert Dibley
Graphics: Justin Rae
Music: Will Davis, Alex Quarmby, Nate Brenholdt, James Grunke
Lead Tester: Andrew Keim
Testers: Lance J. Lewis, Dan McNamee, Scott Hunter, Martin Mueller, Tom Gillen, Joe Sousa, Hank Cappa, Stewart Wilson, Toby Harrison-Banfield, Tal Funke-Bilu