beatmania IIDX 9th style © 2003 Konami Corp.
DJ simulation game from Konami's BEMANI series of games. Beatmania IIDX tasks the player with performing songs through a controller consisting of seven key buttons and a scratchable turntable. Hitting the notes with strong timing increases the score and groove gauge bar, allowing the player to finish the stage. Failing to do so depletes the gauge until it is empty, abruptly ending the song.
The core gameplay remains the same in 9th Style. 5-key mode has been removed and replaced by a separate 5-key modifier, which can be used on any song on any difficulty.
The game features over 50 new songs, some of which can be unlocked using Konami's e-Amusement platform – which made its official debut on 9th Style.
9th Style was the first version of Beatmania IIDX to use a new Windows XP PC-based platform nicknamed the Bemani PC instead of the PlayStation-based Bemani Twinkle hardware which had been used since the beginning of the series. The improved platform had its benefits, such as better graphics capabilities, network support through e-Amusement, larger storage, and background videos being stored on the hard drive along with the game data (dropping the need for a separate DVD player).
The new platform however, became blamed for a multitude of issues with 9th Style, such as longer load times and off-sync timing windows on some songs.
Released on June 25 2003 in Japan.
Konami Music Entertainment released a 2 CD limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (beatmania IIDX 9th style Original Soundtracks - KOLA-040~1) on 18/09/2003.
* Hidden Songs
Love is Drowning : Play these songs in order - Cloudy Music, Breeding, Music to your Head.
New Sana Song : Play these songs in order - Jelly Kiss, Let the Snow Paint Me, Let the Snow paint me Remix.
Sweet Sweet Love Magic : Play these songs in order - D2R, Destiny, Kakumei.
* Paranoia Survivor MAX : As your last song before EX stage, AAA a 7 or flashing 7 star song on another with hard enabled. 2 player non battle counts, as does autoscratch and easy.
* Quasar : AAA Paranoia Survivor MAX on another. 2 player non battle counts, as does autoscratch and easy.
1. beatmania IIDX [Model GQ863] (1999)
2. beatmania IIDX substream (1999)
3. beatmania IIDX club version 2 [Model GE984] (1999)
4. beatmania IIDX 2nd style [Model GC985] (1999)
5. beatmania IIDX 3rd style [Model GC992] (2000)
6. beatmania IIDX 4th style [Model A03] (2000)
7. beatmania IIDX 5th style [Model A17] (2001)
8. beatmania IIDX 6th style [Model B4U] (2001)
9. beatmania IIDX 7th style [Model B44] (2002)
10. beatmania IIDX 8th style [Model C44] (2002)
11. beatmania IIDX 9th style (2003)
12. beatmania IIDX 10th style (2004)
13. beatmania IIDX 11 IIDXRED (2004)
14. beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY (2005)
15. beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD (2006)
16. beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD (2007)
17. beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS (2007)
18. beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS (2008)
19. beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS (2009)
20. beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem (2010)
21. beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle (2011)
22. beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro (2012)
23. beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA (2013)
24. beatmania IIDX 22 Pendual (2014)
25. beatmania IIDX 23 Copula (2015)
26. beatmania IIDX 24 Sinobuz (2016)
27. beatmania IIDX 25 Cannon Ballers (2017)
27. beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage (2018)
28. beatmania IIDX 27 Heroic Verse (2019)
29. beatmania IIDX 28 Bistrover (2020)
Sony PlayStation 2 (2005)
Official website: http://www.konami.jp/am/bm2dx/bm2dx9/