beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS © 2009 Konami Digital Entertainment Company, Limited.
Beatmania IIDX tasks the player with performing songs through a controller consisting of seven key buttons and a scratchable turntable. Hitting the notes with strong timing increases the score and groove gauge bar, allowing the player to finish the stage. Failing to do so depletes the gauge until it is empty, abruptly ending the song.
Sirius adds two additional note types to the game, "charge notes", or Hold-me Notes which must be held for their duration, and the back spin scratch, a type of scratching which must be spun on one direction continuously and spun again to the opposite side at the end of the note. Selected songs contained these features in the location test build.
A new party mode consists of a story mode where players earn fans based on their performances.
Another new mode, League Mode is a course where each song is selected based on the grade that they chose, from D grade to S grade. Songs chosen and the score that earns will convert into League points in the end. The selected songs number is ranged from 4 to 12. The score from this mode is also available to upgrade their own standards.
Released on October 21, 2009 in Japan.
The existence of a 17th version in the beatmania IIDX series was confirmed by Konami on May 25, 2009, alongside the announcement of the first public location tests at the Cat's Eye arcade in Japan, which had already been promoting the location tests set to begin on the 27th of May for several days before the official announcement.
The location tests revealed new features contained in the game, such as charge notes, and contained a sampling of songs slated to be included in the final release. Additional tests were held in late June to early July in Nagoya and at an arcade at the Norbesa in Sapporo.
1. beatmania IIDX [Model GQ863] (1999)
2. beatmania IIDX substream (1999)
3. beatmania IIDX club version 2 [Model GE984] (1999)
4. beatmania IIDX 2nd style [Model GC985] (1999)
5. beatmania IIDX 3rd style [Model GC992] (2000)
6. beatmania IIDX 4th style [Model A03] (2000)
7. beatmania IIDX 5th style [Model A17] (2001)
8. beatmania IIDX 6th style [Model B4U] (2001)
9. beatmania IIDX 7th style [Model B44] (2002)
10. beatmania IIDX 8th style [Model C44] (2002)
11. beatmania IIDX 9th style (2003)
12. beatmania IIDX 10th style (2004)
13. beatmania IIDX 11 IIDXRED (2004)
14. beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY (2005)
15. beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD (2006)
16. beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD (2007)
17. beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS (2007)
18. beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS (2008)
19. beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS (2009)
20. beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem (2010)
21. beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle (2011)
22. beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro (2012)
23. beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA (2013)
24. beatmania IIDX 22 Pendual (2014)
25. beatmania IIDX 23 Copula (2015)
26. beatmania IIDX 24 Sinobuz (2016)
27. beatmania IIDX 25 Cannon Ballers (2017)
27. beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage (2018)
28. beatmania IIDX 27 Heroic Verse (2019)
29. beatmania IIDX 28 Bistrover (2020)
Official website: http://www.konami.jp/bemani/bm2dx/bm2dx17/