beatmania 5thMix - Time to get down © 1999 Konami Company, Limited.
Follow along with the song by scratching the turntable and pressing the keys as the bars reach the bottom of the screen. If you manage to successfully hit each note on-key perfectly, a combo meter will go up, increasing your score. Do well enough by the end of the song, and you can progress to the next level.
Cabinet dimensions : 197cm high x 101cm deep x 112cm wide.
Cabinet weight : 250 kg.
Konami Bemani DJ-Main Hardware
CPU : MC68EC020FG25 @ 25MHz
Custom Chips : 058143, 056832, 055555, 056766, 058141, and KS10101
Sound : Custom Konami Sound Chips for Multiple Sound Channels
Res : 24kHz 512x384
Drives : Pop'N Music use 3.5inch IDE-HDD, all other games use 2.5inch.
Roms : Program and graphics on EEPROM.
Players : 2
Control : dial
Buttons : 5
Released in September 1999.
* Mirror Play : This code must be entered on the title screen, after inserting your money, but before pressing 1P START. Use the 2P bottom-LEFT key to input the following morse code sequence ('SHORT' = quick press-and-release, 'LONG' = hold the key for half a second) : LONG(x2), SHORT(x3), LONG, SHORST, press 1P START. You are now playing in Mirror Mode.
* Play Hidden Expert Courses : This code must be entered on the Mode Select screen. Move the cursor to Expert. Press and HOLD the 1P START button, and rotate the 1P turntable clockwise two full revolutions. Release 1P START, and rotate the 1P turntable clockwise one full revolution, making sure to stop the cursor on Expert. Press any 1P keyboard key to select Expert mode, and you can select new Expert Courses : Slake Mix, Nagureo Mix, and Another Mix (Note : Another Mix may not be played in Battle Mode).
* Play Hidden Song LINN 1999 : This code must be entered on the title screen, after inserting your money, but before pressing START. Use the 2P top-left key to enter the following morse code sequence. 'SHORT' is a quick press-and-release of the key, while 'LONG' means you have to hold the key for at least half a second : SHORT, LONG, SHORT(x4), LONG, SHORT, LONG, SHORT, press START. On Normal or Hard mode, choose 'Random Song' on your final stage. The song you play will be the hidden song, LINN 1999. Good luck!
* Random Play : This code must be entered on the title screen, after inserting your money, but before pressing 1P START. Use the 2P bottom-right key to input the following morse code sequence (SHORT = quick press-and-release, LONG = hold the key for half a second) : SHORT, LONG, SHORT(x2), LONG(x2), SHORT, press 1P START. You are now playing in Random Mode.
* All Music Mode : This code must be entered on the title screen, after inserting your money, but before pressing START. Slowly rotate the 1P turntable one full revolution clockwise. As you rotate it, input the following keyboard sequence :
1P bottom right
1P top right(x2)
1P bottom center(x2)
1P top left
1P bottom left
1P bottom center(x2)
2P top right
2P bottom center
1P bottom left
Press 1P or 2P START. Now when you select Normal or Hard mode, all of the music on the machine is immediately available for play, including all the hidden/expert songs.
1. beatmania (1997)
2. beatmania 2ndMix (1998)
3. beatmania 3rdMix (1998)
4. beatmania complete MIX (1999)
5. beatmania 4thMix the beat goes on (1999)
6. beatmania 5thMix Time to get down (1999)
7. beatmania complete MIX 2 (2000)
8. beatmania ClubMix (2000)
9. beatmania featuring Dreams Come True (2000)
10. beatmania CORE REMIX (2000)
11. beatmania 6thMix The UK Underground Music (2001)
12. beatmania 7thMix keepin' Evolution (2002)
13. beatmania THE FINAL (2002)
Producer : Koji Okamoto
Executive director : Seiji Higurashi
Director : Yuichiro Sagawa
Sound director : Takehiko Fujii
Sound superviser : Reo Nagumo
Programmers : Yohei Marufuji, Hideki Hashimoto
CG Designer : Tomoko Shiono
Hardware engineer : Masayuki Senami
Mechanical engineers : Yuichiro Sagawa, Toshiharu Miura
Graphic designer : Noriyuki Yokoki
Composers : GTS, BEBE, Hiroshi Watarai, DEEP EMOTION, DJ ODDBALL, Mitsukuni Murayama, Kouichi Yamazaki, Reo Nagumo, Takehiko Fujii, Takayuki Ishikawa, Hiroyuki Togo (KCEJ), Toshiyuki Kakuta (KCEJ), NM SEQUENCE UNLIMITED (AMD), D&G MUSIC FACTORY (AMD), Hirosi Takeyasu, REGINA, Masahiko Hataya (PAPAYA), ULTIMATE HEIGHTS, CAPTAIN JACK, X-TREME, DIMITRI FROM PARIS, UTUMI, MIKIO ENDO
Sound data Analysers : Mitsukuni Murayama, Ryuichi Nitta
Vocalists & Rappers : Melodie Sexton, Megumi Oka, Scotty D., Bebe, Andrea Robinson, Brenda Vaughn, ARGIE LANETTE PHINE, Linda Gish
Drummer : Kiyotaka Sugimoto
Dancers : NAMI, WAN-CHAN
Mixing enginners : Masaki Takamura (Onkio Haus), Toshihiro Hayano (Kim Studio)
Japanese-English translator : Justin Lazaroff
Sony PlayStation (2000, "BeatMania Append 5th Mix")
Official website: http://www.konami.jp/am/bm/5th/