Art of Fighting 龍虎の拳 外伝 © 1996 SNK Corp.
(Art of Fighting - Ryuuko no Ken Gaiden)
10 selectable characters battle each other in various locations in Mexico. Extremely beautiful and fluid animation courtesy of motion capture technology brings a whole new style of game-play to this popular fighting game.
Runs on the SNK "Neo-Geo MVS" hardware.
Game ID: NGM-096
[SNK MVS Neo-Geo Controls]
2 players - 4 buttons per player
=> [A] Punch [B] Kick [C] Hard brow [D] Raz
Ryuuko no Ken Gaiden was released in March 1996 in Japan.
The subtitle of this game translates from Japanese as 'Dragon and Tiger Fist Side Story'.
This game is known outside Japan as 'Art of Fighting 3'.
In each character endings, you receive a nice hand-draw of the character on the 'Thank you for Playing' screen.
The drawing Hoeh-Hoeh selects for Wang Koh San in the ending is random, there are 7 different ones.
Pony Canyon / Scitron released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Ryuuko no Ken Gaiden - PCCB-00212) on 03/04/1996.
* All characters have 2 colors, one is selected with the A button an the other one is chosen with the D button.
* Play as Sinclair : Highlight Robert and press Left (or highlight Jin and press Right(x2)).
* Play as Wyler : Highlight Robert and press Left(x2) (or highlight Jin and press Right).
* Special Day (Birthday Gift) : Definitely one of the strangest tricks in fighting games, each character will be powered up on his birthday (able to perform Super Desperation Moves at any moment during the fight!).
Kasumi Todo - March, 29
Wang Koh-San - April, 17
Lenny Criston - May, 20
Karman Cole - June, 13
Rody Births - July, 24
Ryo Sakazaki - August, 2
Jin-Fuha - September, 4
Wyler - October, 22
Sinclair - November, 14
Robert Garcia - December, 25
* Ultimate K.O. : Defeat an opponent in the first round by using your character's Super Desperation Move when the enemy's lifebar is 5% of less. If done correctly, you'll win the whole match in just a single round!
* Finish the game without losing a round to get a comical hand drawn picture of the character after the credits.
1. Ryuuko no Ken [Model NGM-044] (1992)
2. Ryuuko no Ken 2 [Model NGM-056] (1994)
3. Art of Fighting - Ryuuko no Ken Gaiden [Model NGM-096] (1996)
Object Designers : Heitarou, Black Tree, Futatsu (Futatsu!!), Higetoboin, UG, Ponda, Tohru, Pinkey-EX, Horipu (Hori-pu~?), Terarin, Kattsun, Sumiccho, Nana, Ashizawan, Satopyon, Tani Tani, Koara, Rave Man, Sasa, K. Miya, Rolly(R), Tony Oki, ??....!
Back Designers : Muramama Eiko, Daisuke, Wa-Da-Mo, J K, Shochan, Take-Pyon
Programmers : MA2++, Yuritaro, Hiropon
CG Creators : K-Asa, Aki. Yama, Demao. Sat, Seri
Music Composers : Yamapy-1, Masahiko Hataya (Papaya), Shibakichi
Capture Assisted by : Masa, Shin. T, Jeffrey Zoern, Raymond Ho.
Producers : Takashi Nishiyama, Hiroshi Matsumoto (Finish Hiroshi)
Directors : Go, Shigeri #3, Kim-Ken, Moai-Nao
* Voice Actors :
Ryo : Masaki Usui
Robert : Mantaro Koichi
Rody : Eiji Yano
Lenny : Kumi Ishida
Wang : Monster Maetsuka
Karman : Mantaro Koichi
Jin : Jai
Sinclair : Harumi Ikoma
Wyler : Monster Maetsuka
Special Thanks : Kaori Kasai, Osamu Sato
[JP] SNK Neo-Geo (Apr. 26, 1996) "Ryuuko no Ken Gaiden [Model NGH-096]"
[JP] SNK Neo-Geo CD (june.14, 1996) "Ryuuko no Ken Gaiden [Model NGCD-096]"
[JP] SNK Neo-Geo CD (june.14, 1996) "Ryuuko no Ken Gaiden [Limited Edition] [Model NGCD-0960]"
[JP] Sony PS2 (may.11, 2006) "Ryuuko no Ken - Ten Chi Jin [NeoGeo Online Collection Vol.4] [Model SLPS-25610]"
[JP] Sony PS2 (june.21, 2007) "Ryuuko no Ken - Ten Chi Jin [NeoGeo Online Collection The Best] [Model SLPS-25790]"