悪魔城ドラキュラ © 1991 Konami Company, Limited.
Akumajou Dracula is an action game by Konami. The evil Dracula has returned from the dead and he intends to wreak his revenge upon all Transylvania. Once again Simon, a warrior from the Belmont family, and his vampire killer leather whip have been chosen to defeat the beast and his army of minions. The whip's mobility in this episode has been drastically enhanced - it can move in any direction and swings at will around our vampire slayer. This feature can be used to damage hard-to-reach enemies but also to pick up bonuses. Simon can whip candles scattered around the game to free special bonuses - some of them upgrade his whip (from weak leather to strong iron chains) whereas others grant him a secondary weapon (Axes, Cross, Daggers, Holy Water etc...). These weapons only come in limited quantities though and power hearts must be collected to make them last longer. Pieces of meat can also be found (usually hidden inside walls) to help Simon to get back in shape before the final blow is delivered.
Cartridge ID: SHVC-AD
Akumajou Dracula for Super Famicom was released on October 31, 1991 in Japan for 8880 Yen.
The title is translated from Japanese as "Devil's Castle Dracula".
This game is known outside Japan as "Super Castlevania IV". Here are some known export releases:
[US] "Super Castlevania IV [Model SNS-AD-USA]"
[EU] "Super Castlevania IV [Model SNSP-AD]"
1. Akumajou Dracula [Model KDS-AKM] (1986, Famicom Disk System)
2. Akumajou Dracula [Model RC744] (1986, MSX 2)
3. Dracula II - Noroi no Fuuin [Model KDS-DRK] (1987, Famicom Disk System)
4. Akumajou Dracula [Model GX768] (1988, Arcade)
5. Dracula Densetsu [Model DMG-CVJ] (1989, Game Boy)
6. Akumajou Densetsu [Model KON-RC845] (1989, Famicom)
7. Dracula Densetsu II [Model DMG-CWJ] (1991, Game Boy)
8. Akumajou Dracula [Model SHVC-AD] (1991, Super Famicom)
9. Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo [Model KMCD3005] (1993, PC-Engine CD)
10. Vampire Killer [Model T-95043] (1994, Mega Drive)
11. Akumajou Dracula XX [Model SHVC-ADZJ] (1995, Super Famicom)
12. Akumajou Dracula X - Gekka no Yasokyoku [Model SLPM-86023] (1997, PlayStation)
13. Akumajou Dracula - Shikkokutaru Zensoukyoku [Model DMG-ADNJ-JPN] (1997, Game Boy)
14. Akumajou Dracula Mokushiroku - Real Action Adventure [Model NUS-ND3J] (1999, Nintendo 64)
15. Akumajou Dracula Mokushiroku Gaiden - Legend of Cornell [Model NUS-ND4J] (1999, Nintendo 64)
16. Akumajou Nendaiki - Akumajou Dracula [Model SLPM-86754] (2001, PlayStation)
17. Akumajou Dracula - Circle of the Moon [Model AGB-AAMJ-JPN] (2001, GBA)
18. Castlevania - Byakuya no Concerto [Model AGB-ACHJ-JPN] (2002, GBA)
19. Castlevania - Akatsuki no Minuet [Model AGB-A2CJ-JPN] (2003, GBA)
20. Castlevania [Model SLPM-65444] (2003, PS2)
21. Akumajou Dracula - Sogetsu no Jujika [Model NTR-P-ACVJ] (2005, Nintendo DS)
22. Akumajou Dracula - Yami No Juin [Model SLPM-66175] (2005, PS2)
23. Akumajou Dracula - Gallery of Labyrinth [Model NTR-ACBJ-JPN] (2006, Nintendo DS)
24. Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle [Model ULJM-05287] (2007, PSP)
25. Akumajou Dracula Ubawareta Kokuin [Model NTR-YR9J-JPN] (2008, Nintendo DS)
26. Akumajou Dracula - The Arcade (2008, Arcade)
Main Programmer: Jun Furano
Player Programmer: Yaipon
Enemy Programmer: Great K Nitta, Ete Pow Konoz, Jun Furano, Yaipon
Main Designer: Nyankun Hara
VRAM Designer: Nyankun Hara, S. Kushibuchi
Object Designer: Pechi, S. Kushibuchi, Nyankun Hara
Sound Designer: Masanori Oodachi, Souji Taro
Super Voice: Akkun
Total Director: Jun Furano
Producer: Mr Kitaue
Special thanks: Konami Kurokotai
Nintendo Wii [Virtual Console] [JP] (dec.2, 2006) [Model JAIJ]
Nintendo Wii U [Virtual Console] [JP] (sept.11, 2013) [Model JA9J]