悪魔城ドラキュラ © 1988 Konami.
Dracula stole our hero's wife the day of the ceremony and so you must rescue her. Armed with your whip, fight classic horror monsters in in this horizontal action game.
Game ID : GX768
Main CPU : KONAMI (@ 3 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 3.579545 Mhz)
Sound Chips : K007232 (@ 3.579545 Mhz), YM3812 (@ 3.579545 Mhz), K051649 (@ 1.789772 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
Akumajou Dracula was released in February 1988. It is known in US as "Haunted Castle [Model GX768]".
The title of this game translates from Japanese as 'Demon Castle Dracula'.
Akumajou Dracula IS part of the "CastleVania" games series. However, as many games of this series, it is not part of the main storyline. The main character doesn't have any name, but it is believed to be Simon Belmont of the original "CastleVania".
King Records released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Konami Game Music Collection Vol.1 - K30X7705) on August 5, 1988. This album was reprinted (KCIA-2309) on May 21, 1993.
Version P : the damage is less effective.
* Combinding Credits : If you've ever played Akumajou Dracula, then you know that you are only allowed 3 continues throughout the game. And since you only get One Life per credit, it makes for a hard game. But if you have four credits in the game and hit the player one start button four times you will combined all four credits together giving you a huge life bar. Making this game a lot easier to play. Only trouble is, if you die, it will be game over because you will have used up all 3 of your continues making your Life Bar bigger.
1. Akumajou Dracula [Model KDS-AKM] (1986, Famicom Disk System)
2. Akumajou Dracula [Model RC744] (1986, MSX 2)
3. Dracula II - Noroi no Fuuin [Model KDS-DRK] (1987, Famicom Disk System)
4. Akumajou Dracula [Model GX768] (1988, Arcade)
5. Dracula Densetsu [Model DMG-CVJ] (1989, Game Boy)
6. Akumajou Densetsu [Model KON-RC845] (1989, Famicom)
7. Dracula Densetsu II [Model DMG-CWJ] (1991, Game Boy)
8. Akumajou Dracula [Model SHVC-AD] (1991, Super Famicom)
9. Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo [Model KMCD3005] (1993, PC-Engine CD)
10. Vampire Killer [Model T-95043] (1994, Mega Drive)
11. Akumajou Dracula XX [Model SHVC-ADZJ] (1995, Super Famicom)
12. Akumajou Dracula X - Gekka no Yasokyoku [Model SLPM-86023] (1997, PlayStation)
13. Akumajou Dracula - Shikkokutaru Zensoukyoku [Model DMG-ADNJ-JPN] (1997, Game Boy)
14. Akumajou Dracula Mokushiroku - Real Action Adventure [Model NUS-ND3J] (1999, Nintendo 64)
15. Akumajou Dracula Mokushiroku Gaiden - Legend of Cornell [Model NUS-ND4J] (1999, Nintendo 64)
16. Akumajou Nendaiki - Akumajou Dracula [Model SLPM-86754] (2001, PlayStation)
17. Akumajou Dracula - Circle of the Moon [Model AGB-AAMJ-JPN] (2001, GBA)
18. Castlevania - Byakuya no Concerto [Model AGB-ACHJ-JPN] (2002, GBA)
19. Castlevania - Akatsuki no Minuet [Model AGB-A2CJ-JPN] (2003, GBA)
20. Castlevania [Model SLPM-65444] (2003, PS2)
21. Akumajou Dracula - Sogetsu no Jujika [Model NTR-P-ACVJ] (2005, Nintendo DS)
22. Akumajou Dracula - Yami No Juin [Model SLPM-66175] (2005, PS2)
23. Akumajou Dracula - Gallery of Labyrinth [Model NTR-ACBJ-JPN] (2006, Nintendo DS)
24. Akumajou Dracula X Chronicle [Model ULJM-05287] (2007, PSP)
25. Akumajou Dracula Ubawareta Kokuin [Model NTR-YR9J-JPN] (2008, Nintendo DS)
26. Akumajou Dracula - The Arcade (2008, Arcade)
[JP] Sony PS2 (may.25, 2006) "Akumajou Dracula [Oretachi Geasen Zoku] [Model SLPM-62729]"
[JP] Sony PS4 [PSN] (dec.1, 2016) "Arcade Archives - Akumajou Dracula [Model CUSA-04775]"