1942 © 1986 Capcom USA, Incorporated.
North American release. Game developed in Japan. For more information about the game itself, please see the original Japanese release entry; "1942 [Model CAP-19]".
Text from this version:
1942... you and daring fighter pilot Super Ace, are engaged in realistic, thrilling and challenging high-flying battles with the enemy. Over land, on the sea and in the air, your own skill and dexterity... combined with Super Ace's flying mastery, duel ememy pilots in fighter and bomber aircraft. 1942... it's airplanes taking off and landing on ocean-going aircraft carriers... discuptin enemy formations ready to attack... intercepting enemy air warriors you must defeat by blasting'em out of the sky. Will it be victory? Or defeat? It's in your skillful hands!!!
GAME ID: NES-NF-USA
BARCODE: 0 13388 11003 2
1942 for NES was released in November 1986 in North America.
* HINTS ON GAME PLAY (from the USA Manual):
While you and Super Ace are fighting the enemy aircraft the B button on your control pad will blast 'em out of the sky. If you can destroy a complete attacking RED FORMATION you will gain additional power. A POW will appear on the screen after their defeat and you must fly over the POW to gain additional power. When enemy shots hit Super Ace; you lose one plane. If Super Ace hits one of the secret enemy bombers a will appear on the screen and you will get additional 5,000 points when you fly ober it. Don't forget about the A BUTTON when there are too many enemy aircraft - by pushing the A BUTTON you can 'Loop the Loop'.
* POWER UP - POW (from the USA Manual):
1. Attacking formation destroyed: POW appears - you get 2 machine guns.
2. Attacking formation destroyed: POW appears - you kill all enemy planes on screen.
3. Attacking formation destroyed: POW appears - you get one ally on each side of Super Ace.
4. Attacking formation destroyed: POW appears - you get additional points.
5. Attacking formation destroyed: POW appears - you get additional points.
6. Attacking formation destroyed: POW appears - you get additional 'Loop the Loop'.
Nintendo Wii [Virtual Console] (jan.24, 2011)