Doors can be used in many ways. For example, knock out a cat with a swinging door, or have Mappy body slam a cat by pulling open a door.
Houses 8, 9, and 10 have bells hanging from the top floor. When Mappy bumps one of these, it falls and temporarily stuns the cats below.
In houses 12, 13, and 14, parts of the floor will flicker. When Mappy passes over one of these, it becomes a pitfall for a set time. Cats who fall into the pitfall are temporarily knocked unconscious.
To save time in the bonus round, break through a trampoline by having Mappy bounce off a side wall three times instead of going all the way up to the top of the jump each time. Push the stick left or right just as Mappy begins his jump.
Easter Egg 1 :
1) Enter service mode.
2) Keep Left pressed to make the screen scroll left until the grid covers the whole screen.
3) Press the service switch 3 times (the one that adds a credit, not the one to enter service mode).
4) Keep Button 1 pressed and enter the following sequence : Left(x4), Start1(x6), Left(x3), Start2. '(c) 1983 NAMCO' will appear on the screen.
Easter Egg 2 :
1) Play the game and reach the third bonus round (the one after round 10).
2) Press Button1(x3), Start1(x3) and Start2(x3).
After the score of the bonus round is shown, this text will be added at the bottom of the screen : '(c) 1983 Namco All Rights Reserved'.