RoboCop 2 was released in March 1991.
The movie 'RoboCop 2' is rated R by the Motion Picture Association of America. It is intended for mature audiences and parental guidance is advised. Children under 17 are not admitted unless accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
Differences between 'RoboCop 2' the arcade game, and 'RoboCop 2' the movie. Beware : may contain some spoilers for both the movie and the arcade game.
* The gun shop robbers in the movie never had one of them use a chainsaw, whereas the 1st stage boss, he does wield a chainsaw.
* Stage 2's layout's completely inaccurate. in the arcade game, RoboCop (played by Peter Weller) enters the illicit arcade before entering the 'nuke' factory. in the actual movie, RoboCop and his partner Anne Lewis (played by Nancy Allen) first raid the "nuke" factory first, then they head to the illicit arcade to make a raid.
* The stage 2 boss does not exist in the actual movie, and as for RoboCop chasing Cain (played by Tom Noonan), RoboCop does this after going back to the abandoned plant in which RoboCop was ambushed and dismantled by Cain and his gang.
* The motorcycle chase in the movie begins after Cain shakes RoboCop off the van Cain was driving. in the arcade game's second cutscene, RoboCop simply gets on the motorcycle that's against the wall in the end of stage 2.
* Stage 3 is way off the movie's storyline. in the movie, RoboCop goes to the abandoned plant as soon as he finishes interrogating officer Duffy (played by Stephen Lee). also in stage 3, RoboCop is picked up by a magnet. In the movie, this only happens when RoboCop, gets knocked down to the ground during Cain's ambush. the electric zombie punks that appear in the game, don't exist in the movie.
* In the cutscene after stage 3, RoboCop finds a man who got gunned down by RoboCop 2. In the movie RoboCop finds Cain's youngest gang member called Hob (played by Gabriel Damon) gunned down who tells RoboCop about RoboCop 2
* Stage 4 has RoboCop entering Omni Consumer Products H.Q. to find RoboCop 2. In the movie though, after Hob dies, the movie ends up going to the OCP civic centrum.
* The cutscene that happens in before the final stage has RoboCop 2 (who is using Cain's brain) saying that he's ready to face RoboCop. In the movie RoboCop 2, RoboCop 2 never talks. all he can do is growl and squeal).
* Speaking of robots that can growl and squeal, Enforcement Droid 209 (A.K.A. ED-209) appears as a mid-stage boss. however in the movie, RoboCop never confronts ED-209 at all, he only appears in the opening Mediabreak news report.
* In the end RoboCop rips out the brain of Cain off RoboCop 2, but in the arcade game, RoboCop rips the brain from the RoboCop 2 robot (just like Kano's heart rip fatality from the first "Mortal Kombat
"). but in the movie, RoboCop gets the brain from the back of RoboCop 2's head. As for the destruction of the brain, RoboCop smashes the brain against the pavement in the movie, in the arcade game however, RoboCop just smashes the brain against the RoboCop 2 robot.