- Don't wait until you see the whites of their eyes - shoot them before they shoot you.
- Look out for secret hidden zones where special equipment may be found.
- Please don't leave the screaming wounded to die. Bite the bullet, so to speak, and do the decent thing: finish them off.
- Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
- Watch out for mines and man-traps - they make a terrible mess.
- This one'll kill ya ... When you have shot a man and he's lying there, dead, shoot him some more to make him jump around like a bunny.
- Remember: troopers cannot use their weapons when swimming through deep water. Note that troopers also move slower through water, so make sure there are no enemy troopers in range before getting wet.
- Troopers always walk in a straight line, so remember to steer them around any obstructions such as trees.
- Only when a building is destroyed will the enemy troopers stop piling out of it.
- Shooting explosives is not wise - try to pick them up instead.
- You may think the mission is over, but it isn't until you are told it's complete, so scour the area for hidden enemy troopers (try strafing suspicious looking bushes!).
- And on a more serious note: don't try this at home, kids, because real war is not a game; real war, as Cannon Fodder demonstrates in its own quirky little way, is a senseless waste of human resources and lives. We hope that you never have to find out the hard way.
* Regain Weapons (must have at least two men left): Split off another troop with no grenades or bazookas. (new troop will have dead troop's weapons).
* Display Map (during game play): '#' or 0 or '*'.
* Switch groups (during game play): 1, 2, or 3.
* More Options (during 'Boot Hill'): Press Option to change volume, button config, screen resolution.