X-Treme Strike (c) 1994 Virtuality.
X-treme Strike immerses the player in perilous intergalactic warfare requiring nerves of steel. You must fly your attack ship to defeat the enemy defenses on the planet below, battling through ever increasing defense waves.
You are equipped with a head mounted targeting sight and unlimited firepower. Watch your fuel gauge, these guys don't take prisoners. The better you are, the further you get and the longer you play.
Probably the ultimate in inter-galactic challenges!
SD2000 (sit down) hardware
Type of interface: Imersive -HMD-
Physical posture: Sit Down
Motion of the platform: No
Controls: 8-way joystick, Throttle
Computer platform: 486 PC
Type of display: Virtuality Visette 2
Tracking: Polhemus Insidetrack
Size of the Unit: 5 x 4 H 48 inches
Unit Description: Stand Alone POD.
Virtuality Visette 2 headset specifications :
-High impact polymer construction
-Shock absorbing tough design
-Weight : 645 grams/1.4 lbs
-Size : Width=215mm/8,4ins; Height=95mm/3,7ins; -Min depth=295mm/11,6ins; Max depth=345mm/13,5ins
-Hygienic closed cell replaceable comfort pads
-Inter-Pupillary adjustment : 58mm/2.2ins to 70mm/2.7ins
-Field of view per eye : Horizontal=60° Vertical=46.87°
-Visual resolution : 756x244 pixels
- Texture mapping capability: Yes
- Number of Polygon per second: 30.000 texture map p/s f:20-25 f/s
- Number of max. moving objects: 512
- Other graphical info: support Gouraud Shading, Texture Mapping, Flat Shading.
- Type of sound: 8MB 16 Bit sample. (Stereo).
- Music background: Yes (CDs)
- Max. Number of units networked locally: 8, could be linked to the 2000 SU
- Max. Number of units networked remotly: No (in the future ISDN)
Other Technical Description:
- Mic Net support between players
Players : 4
'Cybermind UK' purchased the intellectual property of 'Virtuality' in 1997 as part of a bankruptcy settlement. On Mach 2004 'Arcadian Virtual Reality L.L.C.' acquired the assets of Cybermind UK's virtual reality business.
Official website: http://www.arcadianvr.com/SD_2000_SOFTWARE_EXTREME_STRIKE.htm