Twin Hawk © 1989 Taito.
A vertically scrolling shoot'em up.
Taito X System hardware
Prom Stickers : B87
Main CPU : Motorola 68000 (@ 8 Mhz), Zilog Z80 (@ 4 Mhz)
Sound Chips : Yamaha YM2151 (@ 4 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 3
Released in June 1989.
Developed by Toaplan. Even if developed by this famous shoot'em up company, Twin Hawk was not good game and it was a flop.
This game is known in Japan as "Dai Sen Puu".
There are several differences between Twin Hawk and its Japanese version "Dai Sen Puu" :
* Twin Hawk supports two simultaneous players.
* Dai Sen Puu supports two players, but only one at a time. Because of this, it also supports Cocktail cabinets.
* In Twin Hawk, both planes are purple and pink for player 1 and 2 respectively.
* In Dai Sen Puu, the planes are green for both players.
* In Twin Hawk, when you die, you continue the game at current position.
* In Dai Sen Puu, when you die, you continue the game at predefined positions. This makes the game much more difficult to complete.
Sega Mega Drive (1990)