Twin Cobra (c) 1987 Taito Corp.
Export version. For more information about the game itself, please see the original Japanese version release; "Kyuukyoku Tiger [TP-011]".
Game ID : TP-011
Prom Sticker : B30
Twin Cobra was released in October 1987. Licensed to Romstar for US distribution (November 1987).
Differences between Twin Cobra (TC) and Kyukyoku Tiger (KT) :
* TC supports two simultaneous players.
* KT supports two players, but only one at a time. For this reason, it also supports Table Top cabinets.
* TC stores 3 characters for high scores.
* KT stores 6 characters for high scores.
* TC heroes are Red and Blue for player 1 and 2 respectively.
* KT heroes are grey for both players.
* TC defeated remains of ground tanks are circular.
* KT defeated remains of ground tanks always vary in shape.
* TC respawns a killed player at their current position.
* KT respawns a killed player at predefined positions. After dying and your new hero appears, if you do not travel past the respawn point, you are penalized and moved back further when your next hero appears. Due to this difference in continuing, KT is MUCH harder and nearly impossible to complete!
Developed by Toaplan.
[US] Nintendo NES (jan.1990) [Model NES-QT]
[US] Sega Genesis (1991)
Sega Mega Drive [BR] (1991, "Desert Attack Helicopter" - Tec Toy)
Commodore C64 (1988)