Tektronix 4404 © 1984 Tektronix.
The Tektronix 4404 was a personal, desktop computer system oriented towards
the development and delivery of AI oriented applications.
The basic 4404 hardware includes:
- 10mhz (no wait states) 68010 processor
- 1 megabyte of RAM
- Virtual memory support hardware (max 8MB per process)
- Floating-point co-processor (National 32081)
- Monochrome bitmap display (1024x1024 "virtual display" over which a 640x480 viewport may be smoothly panned using the mouse.) The 128k frame buffer is directly addressable and is independent of the 1MB system RAM.
- The mouse (3-button).
- 40 megabyte hard-disk.
- A 327KB (formatted) 5-1/4 inch floppy.
- RS-232, Centronics printer interface, keyboard, clock, sound, etc.
The basic system was priced at $14,950.
Page last modified on June 28, 2017