Main CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 3.072 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 1.78975 Mhz)
Sound Chips : (2x) General Instrument AY8910 (@ 1.78975 Mhz)
Screen orientation : Vertical
Video resolution : 224 x 256 pixels
Screen refresh : 60.61 Hz
Palette Colors : 99
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
Released in July 1982.
A bootleg of this game runs on the "Galaxian" hardware.
Face : 50 points
Eyeball : 50 points
Squid : 70 points
Sickle : 60 points
Caterpillar : 50 points
Butterfly : 100 points
Propeller : 40 points
Cyclotron : 60 points
Tazz Man : 100 points
Hopper : 200 points
Little Hopper : 20 points
Bonus Room : 100 points x number collected.
* On screens where the enemies move consistently pick them all off in batches when they appear. You will then have a few seconds of clear time in which to shoot more hoppers before more enemies re-appear.
* In the caterpillar room, stay away from the edge of the screen as the enemies only move there. Once one complete a full circuit of the room, it will mutate into a butterfly which quickly homes in on you. Try not to let them complete a circuit.
* If you are about to be crushed by the walls, use a smart bomb as they are easier to obtain than extra lives. It's worth the price to save a life.
* In the bonus room, run over the higher numbers first, especially those to the left and right edges as they are quickly swallowed up by the moving walls.
* It's better to shoot the last little hopper near the top or bottom of the screen, as you then have some extra time in which to pick off a few more enemies before the walls close.
* The enemies appear opposite to your position. For example if you are at the bottom of the screen, they will appear at the top and move towards you.
* Try only to use smart bombs when the maximum number of enemies are on screen to maximise their effect and your points for doing so.
Designed and programmed by : Chris Oberth, Gunar Licitis