A 26-year-old Nintendo Super System Cart. by Nintendo
Emulated in MAME !
Information for the following ROM(s): nss_ssoc
Super Soccer © 1992 Nintendo.
Coin-op version of the classic Super Famicom soccer game. For more information about the game itself, please see the original Japanese version entry; "uper Formation Soccer [Model SHVC-FS]".
Nintendo Super System hardware
Main CPU : G65C816 (@ 3.58 Mhz)
Sound CPU : SPC700 (@ 1.024 Mhz)
Sound Chips : Custom (@ 1.024 Mhz)
Players : 4
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 6
=> [A] Short Kick / Slide Tackle
=> [B] Long Kick / Slide Tackle / Kick
=> [Y] Passes to whoever is selected with the red arrow / Check (tackle)
=> [X] Does nothing
=> [R] Changes red arrow thing to another team mate (see passing below)
=> [L] Changes red arrow thing to another team mate (see passing below)
Differences between the console version and this arcade version :
* At the 'SELECT FORMATION' screen, AUTO and MANUAL goalkeeper option are removed. MANUAL is by default.
* 'SELECT LINEUP' screen removed (appears only after a RED card).
* TIME option in EXHIBITION mode removed.
* Expert mode code removed.
* CPU vs. CPU code removed.
* Ending code removed.
* The tip to get Nintendo team for the second player is removed.