Super C © 1990 Konami Industry Company, Limited.
North American release. Game developed in Japan. See the original Famicom version for more information: "Super Contra [Model KDS-UE]".
Description from the back cover:
Shoot First and forget about the questions!
After losing a confrontation against Super Commandos Mad Dog and Scorpion, the juices of destruction drip from the spiked tongue of the vile alien war monger-- Red Falcon.
Now, he's coming back stronger than ever, with a sinister plan that includes having his intergalactic warriors seep into the brains of the U.S. army. To support his disguised forces of doom, he's recruited Jagger Froid, a demented alien from the Black Hole Galaxy. He's also shuttled in The Babalu Destructoid Mechanism with its Beam of Death.
With torrential terror about to rain down upon civilization, Earth's only hope rests with you, Scorpion, and your pal, the Dogster. And if your spread guns, lasers, flame throwers, and mega shells fail to destroy Red Falcon's eight levels of terror, inlcluding radioactive lava fields, it's all over but the shouting, the screaming, and the cries from a disintegrating world.
Featuring simultaneous play for two players, or play against the computer.
* 10 Extra Lives (Player 1) : When the title screen pops up, press Right, Left, Down, Up, A, B, then Start.
* 10 Extra Lives (Player 2) : When the title screen pops up, press Right, Left, Down, Up, A, B, Select, then Start.
* Sound Mode : To open the Sound Test, while on the Title Screen, hold down A+B then press Start.
* Replay game with previous score : Complete the game once and return to the title screen. Press A, B, Start at the title screen to start the game again with your score intact and three lives.
* Replay game with previous score and lives : Complete the game once and return to the title screen. Press B, A, Start at the title screen to start the game again with your score intact and the lives accumulated in the previous game.