Star Trek - Strategic Operations Simulator [Model 004-01]
Emulated in MAME !
[CONSOLE] Atari 2600 Cart.
Star Trek - Strategic Operations Simulator © 1983 Sega Enterprises, Limited.
Now you are ready to play STAR TREK. The game is divided into ten Sectors (different skill levels). Each Sector has six different rounds.
1. Klingon Encounter
2. Klingon Encounter
3. Asteroid Field or Meteor Shower
4. Klingon Encounter
5. Klingon Encounter
Guide the Enterprise safely through a round of play and you automatically enter the next one.
After surviving all six rounds in a sector, you automatically move to the next. As you advance, your enemies become more aggressive and dangerous and your victories more rewarding!
* Destroy Klingon cruiser - 100 STU's x (sector + 1)
* Colliding with Klingon - 100 STU's
* Destroy Anti-Matter Saucer - 5000 STU's
* Each remaining green Starbase (not docked with) - 2,000-50,000 STU's (Sector 0-2000, Sector 1-5000, Sector 2-10000, Sector 3-20000, Sector 4-25000, each consecutive Sector add an additional 5000 STU's)
* Each remaining blue Starbase - 500 STU's
* Destruction of NOMAD - 30000 STU's
Ater playing STAR TREK several times, you'll discover which techniques work best for you. Here are some tips you will find helpful in your mission:
THE KLINGON ENCOUNTER
* Keep the Enterprise moving - Klingons can't easliy destroy a moving target.
* Store up Photon Torpedoes for later sectors when enemy Klingons are more numerous.
* Learn how to get Klingons to persue the Enterprise in a line, and easily destroy them with one Photon blast.
THE ANTI-MATTER SAUCER
* It always moves away from the Enterprise; to destroy it, make a swift about-face and fire away.
* Dock with your Starbase in early rounds to build supplies for more difficult rounds.
* Try NOT to dock in later rounds for increased bonus STU's.
ASTEROID FIELD / METEOR SHOWER
* You can only use your Enterprise steering controls.
* Wind your way through obstacles by lightly moving joystick left or right to turn and immediately let Enterprise center itself.
* Only for wide sweeping turns should you HOLD the joystick left or right.
* During this round, relax and replenish Enterprise supplies and prepare for NOMAD.
* Be patient, observe MOMAD's movements.
* NOMAD has a tendency to place mines in a cluster, steer carefully towards the mines to trak NOMAD.
* Avoid hitting or shooting mines, they will explode and deplete your supplies.
* Effective use of Warp Drive can allow you to position yourself near NOMAD.