Space Bomber © 1998 Psikyo.
Main CPU : SH-2 (@ 28.63635 Mhz)
Sound Chips : YMF278B (@ 28.63635 Mhz)
Screen orientation : Vertical
Video resolution : 224 x 320 pixels
Screen refresh : 60.00 Hz
Palette Colors : 5120
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2 (FIRE, CATCH)
Released in July 1998.
Ver.B is much more common than the original revision.
Scitron / Gamest released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Pilots Kids, Space Bomber - SGCD-006) on 05/03/1999.
Differences in Ver.B compared to the original:
- Intro: picture of man ("No, go to star") has been flipped horizontally
- Intro: spinning "Space Bomber" at bottom right is red instead of silver.
- "Game Over" image has different palette
- Lives counter are animated instead of a larger static image
- Story panes have been added between worlds and when the game is cleared, the original had none
- 'rankings' have been added on all clear ("CAT-2" etc.)
- Gameplay tweaks seem to consist of shrinking the size of bullets in a given encounter (e.g. third wave of bullets for boss 2-4, bullets from saucers in 1-4) presumably to make it a touch easier
* Play As Light blue ship : After inserting a credit, press Right(x3), Left(x3), Right(x7).
* Play As Tetris block : After inserting a credit, press Up(x3), Down(x3), Up(x7).
* Unlock Extra Maintenance : If you hold Test Button+PL1 Button 1 during boot, you get extra options in the test menu (Stage Select with choice of ships, BG Test).
Official website; http://www.x-nauts.com/psikyo/product/spb/index.html