Runark © 1991 Taito Corp.
A huge melee battle featuring 4 forest rangers out to save the animals from the sinister poachers. Lots of enemies onscreen make for a hectic fight!
Runs on the "Taito F2 System" hardware.
Board Number : K1100638B
Prom Stickers : C74
Players : 4
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
Even if the title screen says 1990, Runark was released in January 1991 in Japan.
This game is known in US as "Growl".
This game was dedicated to the late Mr. Katsujiro Fujimoto.
The game forbids the initials 'SEX' on the high score table. If you try, it gets changed to 'KOU'.
Pony Canyon / Scitron released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Runark, Gun Frontier - PCCB-00060) on April 4, 1991.
Zuntata Records released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Zuntata History L'ab-normal 1st - ZTTL-0038) on April 1, 1999.
- Press the Attack button to perform various attacks and to use weapons.
- Press the Attack and Jump buttons together for head-butt and spinning kick special attacks.
- Press the Attack button in mid-air to perform a flying kick.
- Press Attack when standing next to a weapon to pick it up.
- Press Down and Attack together to exchange your current weapon for the one you are standing on.
- Press Down, Attack and Jump together to discard your weapon.
- Gun (six shots)
- Machine Gun (seven shots)
- Rocket Launcher (four shots)
Promotion object : Hiromitsu Mihara
Music & Sound effects (Zuntata) : Yasuhisa Watanabe (Yack.)
Character designers : Yasuhiko Kikuchi, Kohzoh Igarashi (Aya Inochi Igarashi), Fujiwaran X, Senba Takatsuna, Hisakazu Kato
Hardware : Eikichi Takahashi, Bruiser Kushiro
Trifling work : Insector Fjw
Software : 3D Master Sugawara, Muscle Sato, Masaki Yagi (Yamabanga Yagi Ymot), On a Ninja Daisuke Yasukouchi, Chinpuson Mr2 Tanaka, Yuichi Kohyama (as God Mountain Y. Kohyama)
Software support : Hideki Hashimoto, Takashi Kitabayashi
Base game plan : Exit Yab
Game direction : Hide Chan
Project management : Hidehiro Fujiwara